20% off coupon at GC, except for

I got a 20% coupon from GC in my email, along with a link to which products are excluded. The list of exclusions is mind boggling! It would have been simpler to list the items that ARE included. What a joke :rofl:

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: A Designs, ADAM, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Ashly Audio, Avantone, Avid, B.C. Rich, BAE, Barefoot Sound, Beetronics FX, Blackstar, Bogner, Bose, BOSS, Burl Audio, Caparison Guitars, Catalinbread, Chapman, Crate, Cusack Music, D’Angelico, D.W. Fearn, Danelectro, Dangerous Music, Dean Markley, Deering, Diezel, Duesenberg USA, EarthQuaker Devices, Earthworks, Egnater, Electro-Harmonix, elysia, Empress Effects, Epiphone, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, FOCAL, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, G&L, Gallien-Krueger, Gibraltar, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Godin, Golden Age Project, GoPro, Gretsch Drums, Hagstrom, HeadRush, Heritage Audio, iConnectivity, ISP Technologies, iZotope, JHS Pedals, Johnson, Kat Percussion, Keeley, Kemper, KORG, Kramer, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, LaChapell Audio, Lag Guitars, Lakland, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Lucida, Mackie, Manley, Marshall, Martin, Meris, Mesa Boogie, METRIC HALO, Millennia, Milkman Sound, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan Amplification, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Paiste, Pettyjohn Electronics, Phoenix Audio, Pigtronix, Primacoustic, PRS, Palatino, QSC, Radial Engineering, Randall, Rane DJ, Reloop, Reverend, RME, Rockett Pedals, Roland, Roland Cloud, Royer, Ruach Music, S.E. Shires, Savannah, sE Electronics, Seagull, Sennheiser, Sequential, Serato, Shure, Slate Digital, Slate Pro Audio, Slate Media Technology, Softube, Soldano, Soundbrenner, Source Audio, Snark, Spector, Squier, Steinberger, Steven Slate Audio, Steven Slate Drums, Strandberg, Studiologic, Suhr, Supro, Suzuki, Synergy, Taylor, Teenage Engineering, TELEFUNKEN, Teletronix, The Loar, Toft Audio Designs, Tone King, Tube-Tech, Two Notes Audio Engineering, VHT, Voodoo Lab, VOX, Walrus Audio, Wampler, Warm Audio, Washburn, WESTONE, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, ZT, ZVEX.

5 Likes

The only thing GC has got going for it is the used section. If you keep your eye out, there can be some real bargains there.
They are a dinosaur in a digital age and will probably go the same way those guys did.

3 Likes

That is really lame. I try not to hate on Guitar Center too bad because they’re the only place around to be able to try much gear. But this, this is just foolish.

1 Like

They don’t do this because “a couple of lunchboxes and the cheap cables” is not really a draw to get you to the website.

In reality though, many manufacturers prohibit the advertising or discounting of their products, esp these days when the containers from China that were $2500 a piece are now $37,000 a piece. So it isn’t really GC’s fault. The dopey marketing is though.

@Barney is correct here, their used bits can have lots of great deals, and if you trade in something, anything, you get even better deals.

3 Likes

RELAX everybody, calm down, You CAN get SBMM on sale.

Wait for it

…

Wait for it

…
…
…

…

wait for it

…
…

Wile supplies may last, Every location guaranteed to have .01 of each item in stock at each store, get yours before they run out.

1 Like

It probably has to do with they can’t limit every item on sale in time to get an add out, so they automatically EXCLUDE every manufacturer, as a way to have a safety net, in case manufacturers say they will not allow sale on specific products.
I am doubting that every major manufacturer is not going to have anything on sale for the upcoming holidays.
I can see them limiting it, but not knowing until really close to the sale, thur for, putting themselves on the GLOBAL OUT list, and any advertised rates they decide not to honor, can refer back to that bottom line
Excluding these Manufacturers.

1 Like

I got an email from GC today, reminding me that my 20% coupon is expiring soon. This time I replied:

This 20% off coupon is rather worthless, because of the extensive list of exclusions. Thank you for sending it to me anyway.
I’m interested in a Hofner Club Bass, but only if I can find an incredible deal. I’m open to whatever you have to offer; new, used, or open box.
I haven’t shopped at GC for a year and a half due to the shabby way I was treated last time I was in the Mesa store. Sweetwater has been getting all my business, but they don’t carry Hofner.
Please see what you can do to win me back.

Pam

1 Like