50 First Songs 100 Week Challenge

Yeah, that would be great Josh. I kinda see it as becoming similar to the comments on your lessons. Just a persistent place where people can go to talk about each song in the list and do videos (if they so desire), even if they aren’t doing the challenge. I think it will keep the other categories from getting cluttered up and people can then mute the whole category if they aren’t interested in those threads.

6 Likes

Windows snipping tool…

2 Likes

Hell yeah! A great challenge and a good idea, and in an organized way!

And people can do the whole thing, or just drop in once in awhile and do a few songs.

Miss this place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

another suggestion would be to start the thread with the recommended video to follow ? just a thought

2 Likes

Maybe a thread JUST for those who want to post videos of themselves playing the current song/discussing it. I’m sure that the thread will eventually become HUGE with all the posts so hopefully there’s a way to organize it so posts won’t get buried too quickly and missed for those who want to comment on a particular post but can’t find it because the thread gets swamped with all the other entries/comments? If that makes sense LOL

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what we’re doing, if I’m understanding you right. Here’s the thread for the first song:

@RJMajor Do you mean posting the tab video at the top of each song thread? If so, I’m not sure how to do that as it all seems embedded on that tab page. If you know how though then let me know and I’ll happily add it.

2 Likes

We might also need some special badges. :grin:

5 Likes

Also, we shouldn’t forget that the 50 songs are part of B2B course package and people pay for it, no? While the forum is publicly accessible to anyone, we should respect copyright issues and not publish complete tabs. A link will suffice.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s a great point. I think a link to that page in Course Extras should suffice. They are all listed alphabetically in there by default so it isn’t hard to find the one you are working on.

3 Likes

@JT. I meant just the recommended youtube video. Having it in beginning of the thread would make it easier to find.

3 Likes

But the original song youtube link or someone covering the bass already?

2 Likes

Just which ever youtube @JT decides we should use…
For example…find me the “Another Brick in the Wall” video in this thread. Scroll up, but where ? I just thought it might be easy to have it right at the top…the root.

2 Likes

Oh ok! That has been done already on the specific cover thread!

3 Likes

Yeah, we’re making a separate thread for each song or this one will become a complete mess. I posted the video in the first song thread and will be doing that for the others too. Sorry for the confusion, we’re kinda figuring this out as we go as its the first time.

4 Likes

And in any case there’s an amazing spreadsheet that @JT made, with all the youtube and spotify links! It’s at the top post

4 Likes

Thank you everybody for your responses! 50 Songs challenge category is up:

So all future song threads, resources, etc. can go there. You all rock!

12 Likes

Is there a sign up on this or just join in

5 Likes

Just join in the fun…

4 Likes

You don’t even need to tell anyone you’re in. Just do the cover and post it on the appropriate thread :wink:

4 Likes