Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

There are no crappy jobs here. That was well done. Plenty of info here on the forum for recording.
:+1:

5 Likes

Hahaha yeah. I love that poster. Before I did this video I was playing with my fretless so that explains the stumbles :wink: Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know what you mean. I learned bass on a fretless and now just play fretted. Can’t imagine going back and forth. My brain probably would struggle with that. Particularly as on fretless you need to play on the fret and fretted you need to play just behind the fret…

3 Likes

It is comfortable, but the arms do get in the way so I have to sit on the edge, which gradually becomes uncomfortable LOL

4 Likes

Exactly! But it’s still fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think figuring out how to record myself with audio and video was WAY harder than learning this song!
That said, I am sure the mix is a mess, etc.
Can only get better from here, right?

For this one i used:
DAW - Abelton
DAI - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Bass - Fender CS '61 Time Machine P-Bass (tone rolled off)
Strings - Labella DTB Original 1954 Vintage 760M

I tried a few times using USB out of my Fender Rumble Studio 40 but got so hung up on trying to find the “right” tone I gave up and plugged the bass into the Focusrite. Next time will try via the amp.

19 Likes

I’m sure there are better ways, but what has worked for me is to slap the bass a couple of times at the start of the recording. Then import the audio and video into a video editor, line up the spikes at the slapping part, detach and delete the original audio from the video, and then remove the slapping part.

5 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Yeah, I hear you. I can’t sit in an armed chair and play. I should be standing more but it’s more comfortable for me to sit.

2 Likes

That is exactly what the old fashioned ‘clap boards’ do for movie production.
Now, all digital and they send signals to both sources.

4 Likes

I seems like you nailed on the tone and the performance. Great job! @John_E!
:+1:

4 Likes

Awesome @Retta75! Great job, and love your MM!
You also win ‘best light show prize’ for your keyboard!!!

3 Likes

Well done @BigAl !!!
Nothing crappy about this job!
Took me a lot more tries than that to get something to post here.

4 Likes

Thanks, the background music to me sounded crappie. Next time I’ll play more with balances. This all good experience for me to learn. I appreciate the help and positive feedback. Thanks

5 Likes

Awesome job! You were really in the groove there! Bass looked and sounded great too. Even loved that room you are in. Looks like it has a lot of character.

Only very minor thing I noticed was I think you played the solo loop 8x instead of 7x, but that’s no big deal at all. That one is very tricky to nail! Really great job overall! Looking forward to your next one.

4 Likes

Yes you are correct on the 8x. I swore I was at 7 and second guessed myself.

5 Likes

Started learning the song yesterday. Real fun. How’s everyone else doing??

5 Likes

I have a guitar stool. I should try that. I’m just too lazy to bring it upstairs LOL

4 Likes

I’m loving it. Probably won’t record until next weekend though. Really nice having so many people involved.

4 Likes

I bought a couple of bar stools from Amazon a few months ago. Works great, just the right height.

4 Likes