7 Basses You Should NEVER Buy

I may or may not have looked at mandolins. Then realized I have zero time for anything. No more different instruments for me. I still have keyboards to relearn and this dang drum pad. I’m good for about 20 years lol

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/U2PVj31-9k4
Poor Colin Hay :rofl:

3 Likes

I got one yesterday

5 Likes

I have a 4 string mandolin

2 Likes

Mine is a 80 year old 8 string. The thing needs a few repairs but nothing serious, it’s in great shape overall.

3 Likes

I love vintage acoustics. :+1:

2 Likes
5 Likes

hahaha awesome

2 Likes

I just watched the 7 Basses You Should Never Buy video for a second time. I got more out of it in a second viewing.
@JoshFossgreen I love your production quality and attention to detail.
I might soon watch this again to see if I missed any other entertaining details.

4 Likes

now i want a white squire jazz bass

9 Likes

Haha noooo GAS Guy’s powers growwwww

9 Likes

Like the tide of a thousand tsunamis!

2 Likes

Added 7 Basses You Should NEVER Buy to Bass Gear Reviews of the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.

6 Likes

Oof, that’s a brutal price point for what was once a ~$350 instrument. Personally no way in hell I’d pay that much.

And FYI, the one I play is a 2016 “Vintage Modified”, similar but slightly different era than the Classic Vibes.

And to be completely transparent - I DON’T play that bass in all the videos because I think it’s amazing. I’d call it “decent.” My primary motivation is just to showcase beginner-priced instruments, and not give too much GAS with fancy basses.

But I think you could probably find a better Jazz bass for $500 or less, especially electronics-wise. My 2 cents!

11 Likes

Thanks for calling that out, @JoshFossgreen. That price seemed pretty damn proud for what the bass offers.

And GAS is gonna GAS, regardless of anything, so don’t worry about affecting folks to spend buckage. This forum takes care of that, no prob. :saluting_face:

Please play whichever bass you dig in your vids. It’s really fun to watch.

7 Likes

I have to agree about current Squier pricing. The Classic Vibes are nice but not nicer than a $350 Yamaha or Ibanez, and with fewer options and generally worse pickups.

When I was shopping for my P-bass I tried one and honestly it was fine, but no way was I getting it over a Player or a MIJ for not that much more. In the end my MIJ was about $700 new and there is really no contest there at all. It’s just a weird price point for the “high end” Squiers.

3 Likes

I’m just teasing - I think it’s great that you use a beginner bass and that you don’t review endless pieces of gear on your channel. It totally has the feeling that you have your students and learning top of mind. I’m pretty sure I speak for most if not all people here and say we appreciate you.

It’s almost comical how much they are selling that thing for!

5 Likes

I’m just glad that I bought most of my gear pre-covid/inflation. Now lots of basses cost a few hundreds bucks more.

4 Likes

This one showed up in my feed today as well, for €466 plus €59 shipping (from France to The Netherlands). Definitely seems a bit steep.

4 Likes