7 Basses You Should NEVER Buy

You’re right on about a Zoom, @Barney. :+1:

For example, the B1 Four is a true Swiss Army Knife pedal. And it’s so crazy-reasonably priced for all the value it delivers.

It’s the only pedal I own.

No GAS for others.

5 Likes

Gorgeous food, @Al1885.

You live too far away, dammit! :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Love my Zoom B1 Four! I take it with me everywhere.

3 Likes

Yep, I really dig mine, too. It does have a learning curve required to get all its goodness, but once learned forever earned. Kinda like bass. :wink:

3 Likes

My wife started watching with me.
Now she knows my secret shame!

She expects me to follow your advice!

5 Likes

Ah, well. Sometimes shame is more fun when it’s shared. :sweat_smile:

Also, now you’ve learned to never watch Josh vids with your wife if it involves gear and the words “never buy.” :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m doomed!

2 Likes

I do wish my boss GT 1b has a bigger screen. They are so stingy with screen real estate.

2 Likes

I’m going to politely disagree. I think It’s perfect for a beginner. It has an accurate in built tuner. You said you liked this feature because your head stock tuner was not reliable.

Plus it has an inbuilt drum machine.

What the B2B course reinforced to me was to be in tune and on time. Above everything else timing is what it’s all about.

The drum machine developed an internal sense of rhythm that I previously did not have (as I had no musical background). So it taught me what 100bpm feels like. So that I can now play without it and stay pretty much in time.

It also allowed me to try different sounds. So I could play with a ‘Motown’ tone or the classic ‘Ampeg’ sound. Plus goof around with synth sounds.

You can plug it into the mains or run it on batteries. It can hook up to your Amp or practice through headphones and all for less than $100.

I think it’s the perfect beginner tool to keep people motivated and carry on improving their bass playing.

6 Likes

The Zoom does have a ton of functionality going for it.

3 Likes

I got it just to use it as a headphone amp and tuner. It’s a fantastic tool, one of the best if not THE best value in a pedal you can get. I recommend it to beginners over an amp for home practice.

3 Likes

Yeah gotta agree. It’s probably the best $100 you can spend after getting a bass. If you have headphones I would say it’s a better buy than an amp, in fact, for the (excellent) tuner and drums alone.

5 Likes

I agree. This is a unique best buy after a bass.

3 Likes

No , best buy after the bass is the B2B course :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Absolutely on point. Thank you for this.

7 Likes

Love the video as always.

Have to say, i have no defence against any of the points Josh made! Ive fallen for the lot over time.

I have now got to the position where i dont buy anything anymore now though. Thats about my only saving grace! Apart from strings.

Just wish id have got it out my system years ago on cheaper gear but such is life i guess.

2 Likes

Would a Stingray be a Swiss army bass?

1 Like

Seems more Swedish to me…

3 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Excellent video once again @JoshFossgreen - this reminds me of a comment made in the video below I watched in the 90’s. Although… I did run out to guitar center after watching this and came home with a Music Man Stingray

13:06 - “I dont’ think equipment matters at all” - Flea

4 Likes