Why This Bass Line Effin' Kills It > Roundabout by Yes (+Tab)

It’s beautiful.

3 Likes

Hey @JoshFossgreen - rick buddies! Whatcha got? Looks like a 4001 amirite?

May I say another fine video by the way. I’m not a major Yes fan myself, but I might give them a go.

3 Likes

Lamentably, the Rick isn’t mine, just borrowed from a musician friend for the video. It was really fun to play and try to cop Chris’ tone, but I didn’t feel very at home on it! Would have to spend more time with one to get comfortable not having my usual plucking hand resting places.

9 Likes

I think I like the Bassbuzz videos that deal with these little nuances in playing, most of all. The idea of ‘ping-ponging’ with the drummer really got me thinking about what a successful bassline that doesn’t simply follow the kick could be. And of course, the tips on getting that awesome scumbag tone without shelling out for a Rickenbacker are always appreciated!

5 Likes

Oh and also this:

lololol

6 Likes

Added to the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide in the Player Profile Section. Even though it’s not really a player profile video, it doesn’t fit, neatly, anywhere else, either.

3 Likes

also new darkglass head?

3 Likes

I’ve always loved watching Yes in videos because Chris was always such a great innovator.

2 Likes

Today in Next-Level Parenting: I went to pick up my daughter from school. As we walked back to the car, she was telling me about something some annoying boy had done. Then she said, “Jamerson disapproves. WTF?”

She already knows the F word, because of all the kids who yell it on the playground. I had told her previously that we would have to discuss proper usage, because if you’re going to use that word you should use it well. She said “OK, but maybe in a couple years. I don’t wanna use that word right now.”

Seems like WTF is an acceptable substitute, though.

(It’s good to have these conversations.)

12 Likes

Hah, excellent!

4 Likes

That’s awesome!
:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s a good thing I wasn’t drinking anything at that moment. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Haha wow that’s amazing. I’m gonna sip some water just so I can spit take.

4 Likes

Hahaha! Awesome. (hands you a towel)

I never expected these videos to come in handy from a parenting perspective. They really have allowed for some discussions that kids would normally run away from. Plus I’m hoping at some point she will pick up my Gretsch short scale (but I can’t actually suggest it, otherwise it’s an automatic no).

2 Likes

20 basses and 14 saxes…
“I want to play flute?” - my kid

4 Likes

Ain’t that the way? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Sorry Josh, been having some procedures this week at the hospital and missed this til today.
Another kick ass video.
Hey, did you get a budget to buy yourself a rick for this video?? or just borrow it for the video.
I like to think that you, @JoshFossgreen, deserve a little kickback every one in a while, I hope its yours. I am going to imagine it is regardless.

4 Likes

@T_dub

2 Likes

Thats too bad

2 Likes

TIL about JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

3 Likes