7 Reasons Thundercat is Awesome (+Bass Lesson Tips)

Thundercat is one of the most popular bassists in the world, and possibly elsewhere…so what’s his secret?

https://youtu.be/vMD3ZRi5RfA

If you’re doing the Beginner to Badass course… don’t try to play this at home lol, these riffs are brutal! Just enjoy the video. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s your favorite Thundercat bass line? :guitar:

12 Likes

New video! Heck Yeah! Loading it up now :smiley:

Edit: I now now the full name of Thundercat’s cat and my day is better for that.

Edit 2: @howard made the video! (15:36)

Great video Josh!

4 Likes

Good trolling… all around :smile:

Very enjoyable and educational video!

3 Likes

Wait wut???

hahaha cameo :rofl:

5 Likes

Woot :grin:

2 Likes

Great video @JoshFossgreen - It’s not easy to cover an artist as diverse as Thundercat in under 20 minutes. I really like your points at the end about admiring how he just puts it all out there despite what anyone’s opinions might be.

4 Likes

Thanks for mentioning us @JoshFossgreen ! You know all too well that we have GAS issues, especially with effects pedals :smiley:

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen, your videos are always super amazing and entertaining, and this one is no different. I love the resurgence of GAS Guy, who has been squatting in my head for a long while, until his recent eviction. I also love the BassBuzz forums call-out.

…is that really his cat’s name? For reals?

Anyway, dude is one hell of a bass player and artist. Up until now I’ve always met anything Thundercat with a confused expression and a stuttering “…buh? …wha?” Looks like I’m going to have to do me some Thundercat learnin’. :smiley:

4 Likes

You don’t think it can happen, but the videos keep getting better.
This is superlative.
And great.
And very excellent.

7 Likes

He’s badass and one of my favorites. Got to see him at Smokin’ Grooves festival last year. How can you not love Dragonball Durag?!?!
https://youtu.be/ormQQG2UhtQ

2 Likes

Added to the 7 Reasons Player Profile Series section of the
BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.