A-string buzz

Yeah that’s a definite possibility, depends on the nut groove. .105 to .110 is not a large jump.

3 Likes

Fun little anecdote: Yesterday I sent my question to Warwick, and this morning (Saturday 6 am) their CEO replied back saying that the .050-.110 strings should work as normal with the factory nut. :slight_smile: Guy seems to be taking customer support seriously…

6 Likes

Yeah the one time I wrote them Florence Wilfer replied :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hey @APerk,
I was thinking an easy solve for this might be to put a fret wrap above the nut, it will act like your finger holding the A string and might remove the noise.

https://www.amazon.com/Gruv-Gear-FretWraps-String-1-Pack/dp/B00Y0HYHD0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=fret+wrap&qid=1617213309&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUDQwTTNCTjNRNFVWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzM3NDM4SEQwUFczUzg3SEJaJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2Mzc1NzRKRU8zQTFZUVZDSTQmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

I got the idea watching Ariane Cap videos, she always seems to store her fret wrap up there when not in use.

Hi all,

Reading a thread on talkbass, apparently A string buzz is a problem on a lot of bass/string combos. So much so that there is this thingy below. It changes the angle at which the string hits the nut from the tuner. Can be used on any string but even the picture shows it on the offending A string.

3 Likes

This comes standard on both the American Ultra Jazz and Ultra Precision Basses, and supports the A string on each.

Thanks for your post, @John_E

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes