Alternatives for Fender P

Isn’t Navigator their up-tier line from Edwards?

3 Likes

I thought Navigator was their acoustic line but I was wrong, looks like Fender and Gibson clones. I also forget where Edwards lies compared to E-II. They have a lot of brands though and it’s not a straight tier list.

2 Likes

Navigators are expensive. I just checked e-bay and they can cost quite a lot.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s probably an upscale line. I don’t know much about it.

They also own some smaller boutique lines, like Killer.

https://www.killer.jp/

4 Likes

I have the jazz and the p from there vintage series in the early 80s…one was $100 the other was a gift…sunburst white pearl guard…classic

4 Likes

those good japanese Gibson copies have reached insanes prices here in France since 1 or 2 years. on the used market it can be almost the same prices than original Gibsons, which is ridiculous.

5 Likes

Yeah I mean depending on the model I might rather have a Burny than a Gibson :rofl:

6 Likes

I almost bought that same bass on sale a while back at GC but backed out because I’m just spoiled with the ‘63 neck shape of the Pro II. The relicing is going to look awesome! Lookin forward to yours pics!

3 Likes

That’s a killer package.

2 Likes

@Al1885 if you do relic this, I would like to follow you along with some tips to do a Squire fretless I have that I want to do it to.

4 Likes

Will do that’s the plan. I like the worn paint relic not the scratches. I’m going to try to practice on the cheaper body and see how it work. I’m being held back by the “Economy of efforts”. Hopefully, I’ll get around to it soon.

2 Likes

I too have been itching for a P-Bass. On January, I ordered a Sire P5. $500 bucks. Yesterday I get a call from Sweetwater that the bass is finally on its way to me! Just 8 month waiting. Setup + LaBella flats.

It will be here tomorrow! yay!

12 Likes

I don’t like red basses as a rule but man that’s beautiful! Nice score

3 Likes

@smurillo I have a red one just like that on the way to me. It’ll only be the second red guitar I’ve owned, and I love the way it looks with the pickguard and Roasted Maple neck.

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and it’s scheduled to be delivered in another week, or so. I’ve got new Nordstrand NP4 pups anxiously waiting for it to get here. :eyes:

5 Likes

Very nice!!! Most review criticize the low end of the pickups. I want to see if I can manage that at the amp side. Very curious to see what your experience will be with the pickups swap.

3 Likes

Fedex Fail… TX is destination. Current route:
IN->OH->MO->TX->WV (WTF!!)->MD

New delivery day is Sunday. We all know its BS. Most likely Tuesday

2 Likes

That’s like going from Toronto to Vancouver and visiting your Mom in Montreal along the way!

3 Likes

Not a “road-worn” model by chance?

This is how they do it. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

LOL!!! Good one!

1 Like

So, years ago, I used to load trucks at UPS. I don’t know anything for certain, of course, but things like this can be caused by a mis-sort - package is intended for one truck, gets sorted down the wrong path, ends up on a different truck, people don’t notice and it ends up in WV. Doesn’t help you of course - just mentioning that it wasn’t necessarily their plan to send it to TX via WV… :slight_smile:

4 Likes