Amazing Bass

These lyrics came to me while on heavy doses of morphine for cancer pain. Just a fun parody of Amazing Grace for us bass players. I also posted it in the Covers thread.
Thanks to @John_E and @TNKA36 Brian for contributing to the production.
Please watch to the end for important message.

29 Likes

Wow, This is an awesome global video. Thanks @PamPurrs @John_E @TNKA36.

@PamPurrs I just got an Electric Upright, how difficult is it to use the bow?

4 Likes

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing

4 Likes

It requires a high quality bow, good strings, some bowing lessons, and lot’s of practice. Also, some EUBs do better under the bow than others.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s super cool.

@John_E nice sax skills, yo! @TNKA36 is really starting to rock those pipes, as well.

Well done, everyone.

4 Likes

Thanks @PamPurrs. My left arms are so tire after one night playing on the EUB. I sure hope it gets better.

4 Likes

Absolutely wonderful

4 Likes

Very nice, Pam (and John and Brian)!

I swear I had something in my eye there at the end… salty liquid started to run down my cheeks!

Great production, even though I could swear @TNKA36 was out of tune; just a smidgen perhaps :joy:

6 Likes

OMG that was amazing (pardon the pun)! @PamPurrs @John_E and @TNKA36 you guys were wonderful!

6 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, the bagpipes can only be played in one key (not sure which one). John and I played Amazing Bass in C Major. Also, i don’t know if there’s a way to tune the pipes. Perhaps Brian can comment on that.
With that said I thought Brian @TNKA36 did a remarkable job, especially given the fact he only recently started learning the pipes.

6 Likes

I was trying to be funny, Pam… they wouldn’t be bagpipes if they sounded in tune :grin: After all, they were meant to scare the bejeezus out of the enemy!

Totally, very impressed. What kind of bet did you lose there, Brian?? :wink:

5 Likes

:100:

3 Likes

:rofl: which is the main reason bagpipes were banned in Scotland for many years.

5 Likes

Were they?? I thought they kept the English out :wink:

5 Likes

Bagpipe History - Scotia Pipers Scotia Pipers.

4 Likes

Well, whaddya know!?! Learn something new every day :smile:

4 Likes

Thus, the teacher becomes the learner :smiley:

5 Likes

Always… and I hope that will never end :wink:

4 Likes

@john_E was phenomenal on Sax. @TNKA36 put the icing on the cake with the pipes.

5 Likes

So much fun to do.
Glad to be a part of it and glad you all dig it.

6 Likes