Amp advice

I have the Fender Rumble in a 2x10 and it’s stupid loud so if you can afford it then the Ampeg is a good choice.

3 Likes

I’m thinking a 210 would be best. This weekend I’m going to try them both out and see which one I like better. Any other 210s combos I should check out?

1 Like

I don’t know about the Ampeg but the Rumble 2x10 has a cooling fan. At low volumes you can just hear it. The Rumble 100 doesn’t have a fan so that’s primarily what I use at home.

Just something to be aware of for a practice amp.

2 Likes

I need advice on a travel amp. One that I can walk places and wont feel it in the wallet if i drop it. Similar to the BlackStar mini that Josh reviewed.

1 Like

Something like this?

2 Likes

Haha Yea Thanks

1 Like

just to add more data, comparision of speaker sizes:

7 Likes

Nice video, and a good way to confirm my biases there :slight_smile:

I definitely prefer the 10s and 12s over 15s. If it were a single speaker I would want a 12 but would probably prefer a 2x10 or 4x10 over a single 12.

3 Likes

That is a really good video for hearing the difference.

2 Likes

I really want a 2x10 LITERALLY OVER my 1x12 :rofl: :rofl:
But I have no justification for 700W in a 8’x30’ room (just like I had no justification for the 300W that are bouncing around it now…

I did a side by side of 2x10 and 1x12 and 1x15 Berg cabs, and def did not like the 15 at all. When I went for the 1x12 Fearless, I figured one day would add the 2x10, but its just silly (and they are stoopid expensive and never come up used).

2 Likes

Yeah 15’s are not my thing at all.