Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

They sound good too! At first I didn’t like the body shape but now it starts to grow on me… Nate Navarro also did a demo for them:

5 Likes

That red one is in my lane. What is behind the angled frets/bridge - is this just a marketing point of difference or does it make a difference?

1 Like

Me too. I love the nut width and block inlays.

2 Likes

The fanned frets give you a longer scale length for the lower frequencies and a shorter scale length on the higher frequencies. It helps equalise the string tension as the frequencies drop.

The low B on a Dingwall is circa 37" vs 34"/35" on a conventional 5 string so the string (and note) is noticeably less flabby / sloppy.

4 Likes

Ingenious!

2 Likes

Yep, absolutely love the design.

1 Like

Yeah. If I were to ever blow between $2k-5k on an instrument, it would highly likely be a Dingwall. Either a Combustion or Afterburner, depending on budget. Likely a Nolly.

I’d get a 4 though :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yeah I have a squier pj special i res cued from the classifieds but it’s in pieces at the minute and needs a full refinish I’ll get round to it one day … something always gets in the way perfect example this new j was so noisy from interference I had to spend the weekend shielding it it’s worked though and now only get the 60 cycle when pups aren’t balanced - next project is that pj but it’s a big job

3 Likes

Does anybody have any experience with a PRS Kingfisher?

New fender player plus series is out.

Have to say I love that tequila sunrise 5 string colour scheme. Wish they did it in the 4 string version.

But then again, maybe that’s a good thing for my wallet :slight_smile:

Player Plus | Fender and then select the basses down the bottom

4 Likes

Nods in agreement. Dingwalls are next level.

2 Likes

I was searching for a bass suitable for my daughter to learn on and came across this.

13 Likes

That’s suitable in general!

4 Likes

They’re good basses. Reminds me I have to list my V7 on Reverb

3 Likes

I’m finalizing this one. Short scale multi scale.

Build by these guys

12 Likes

Very very cool!

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

put it in the short love thread when you get it :+1: - it’s getting lonely over there :grin:

3 Likes

That’s a lot of knobs!

2 Likes

Much like a Nintendo! :wink:

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, two of them are stacked, so it’s even more!

2 Likes