Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

That second demo video, with the Resonator bass and the banjo, that’s awesome. I love the way the two instruments were “talking” to one another.

3 Likes

Yep. I use Mac computers, but I ALWAYS try to get a rise out of Apple fan boys. The best ones to rib are the ones at university, who profess to be avowed atheists… yea, antitheists, and yet worship all things Apple (and increasingly Tesla) with a religious zeal.

I also like JJ and P basses, in fact I have one of each, but neither is a Fender.

4 Likes

Me too. If I had to describe the sound, I would lean toward swampy. It reminds me of something I would hear in a zydeco band.

Acoustically is a really unique sound I like. Electrified, it mostly just sounds like a bass.

3 Likes

I have been thinking about getting this bass. How do you like yours

Thinking…. But not sure

8 Likes

Of the two I would do the purple

3 Likes

Same, 100%, or the Combustion in purple. (I’d do the Nolly myself, I want the Tone Capsule too. Dingwall+Darkglass=YES.)

The racing colors are damn good too though, for sure.

Ofc I would get a 4 but I understand the 5 is the point here for you.

3 Likes

Love the purple one :sunglasses: @John_E
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Both aren’t made anymore.
Purple is currently not for sale on used market. But I can wait. The orange is Lamborghini Orange and a lot rarer.

Hmmmm

I know what @T_dub would say.

3 Likes

The M7 has 2 more 3 way switches for parallel/single/series :smiley:

2 Likes

Both look gorgeous. If you go big you might as well get the colour you really want?

2 Likes

@John_E does that middle pickup make a tonality difference?

1 Like

I like the swirl on this NG2. Lambo Orange as well I think.

7 Likes

Ya the swirl ones are really nice (well maybe not the pink, a little too 80s)

5 Likes

Ya the issue there is what color do I really want. I haven’t a clue. I know I want something very different.

1 Like

Yes different options and you can further mod it with a six way switch for even more options.

3 Likes

There’s always the Ferrari Green one.

Glorious, just glorious.

6 Likes

Ya that’s fairly readily available but I already have the Stingray in the green family.

2 Likes

They almost do one of my favorites, a Yamaha Racing Blue…

…via Laguna Seca blue. Great color.

4 Likes

You sure about that? I bought a bass once with a colour that I normally wouldn’t pick and after a year I am still having a hard time to appreciate it :sweat_smile:

Those swirls series are actually quite hard to find. I think those look amazing.

2 Likes