Awesome gifts?

My wife just surprised me with a new watch

9 Likes

Thatā€™s really cool! If I was a watch wearer Iā€™d consider getting one of those.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! My wife would have no idea what a bass clef was. :stuck_out_tongue:

I usually pick my own presents if they are bass related. And otherwise sheā€™ll get me something like a 2000 piece Lego kit, because she knows I enjoy doing those.

4 Likes

To be fair, Iā€™d be happy with Lego too

5 Likes

STRINGS STRINGS STRINGSā€¦I would love some specialty strings to ā€˜tryā€™ as a gift vs. shelling out money for what I might not like longer term.

I would never buy this for myself, but a Gene Simmons Axe bass for the wall (more than for playing as it is built like meh from China now). The real Cort one would be cool but they are not cheap!

I would dig one of these tooā€¦

4 Likes

I got one of his ā€œVery Impressiveā€ shirts.

4f3836be55740fff9d37fbfa933d5791

Thereā€™s not a lot of bass gear/accessories that isnā€™t expensive, at least above the price level of ā€œbasic gift.ā€ Iā€™d say bass books are usually a great cost-efficient gift. Hereā€™s a thread of ideas for those.

6 Likes

When I stopped playing bass for a bit, I handed a busker bassist a brand new pack of TI Flats I had laying around. They werenā€™t impressed. I was thinking, I just handed you Ā£50 worth of strings there. Should have just kept them. :slight_smile:

7 Likes