B2B: DVD Version vs Online Version

Just a quick question, does the DVD version include online access to all the teaching materials or just the beginner lessons?

Put another way, does the DVD version include online access to the jam-along tracks and the master class lessons?

3 Likes

The DVD version contains everything that the online version has.
So, yes, it does, @Timberfist . . . :slight_smile:

The advantage of the DVD course is that you can take it without an Internet connection. But with either course, you will always will have access to it. I frequently review parts of the course myself.

HTH and all best, Joe

3 Likes

Cheers @Jazzbass19, that’s my mind made up then. I’ll get the DVD version so I’ll still have access to the course post-zombie apocalypse.

6 Likes

The only thing that pissed me off about buying the CD version was I had to pay an additional £57 to the british government before I could collect it from the post office.
If you are outside of the states, check to see if there are any hidden charges before you buy.

4 Likes

@studio I did wonder about that. I had considered asking @JoshFossgreen if he would do a 100% digital version as I can source the song book locally and the booklet could, presumably, be provided as a PDF. What do you say @JoshFossgreen?

2 Likes

@Timberfist. Yes, I would ask them. The 50 bass lines book is available on amazon and the info in the booklet is in the pdf I think.

2 Likes

You get the book and some other stuff through the post with the online version as well - I know because I worried for several weeks that I would be hit with the customs duty (which isn’t a hidden charge). However, every parcel coming into the UK is at risk of being the ‘lucky’ one picked out in a random selection of packages to check. There are also complicated rules about what does and what doesn’t incur a duty. I think published materials are mostly exempt. All educational materials should be but in the complicated world of government levied duties and international trade agreements, not everything applies the most basic level of common sense.

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from the US and only once been hit with the duty, but on many occasions items have come through unchecked. That one time came with the wonderful extra charge for Royal Mail to open it for examination.

3 Likes

I got the online course and there were no customs/duties to pay when I got the book. Doubt Josh can do a PDF version of the 50 songs book because it is a Hal Leonard book, not his.

2 Likes

maybe this book could be an option : it seems to cause a lot of problems and I’m even not sure everybody uses it as it is not a real/mandatory part of the course ! I must admit I myself never use it :blush:

3 Likes

I have never used the 50 songs book because it is tab only and I am trying to improve my reading

4 Likes

Agreed, an online version of the course without the Hal Leonard book would be the best option for me.

2 Likes

It would also be a more sustainable option… If I was going to learn a song by tab, I’d just use Songsterr anyway.

3 Likes

The course booklet is already available as a PDF on the Course Extras page, so you’re covered there. If you’re worried about customs we can definitely skip mailing you the physical books so you can grab the 50 bass lines book elsewhere, just drop Jason a line when you order at help@bassbuzz.com.

4 Likes

Cheers @JoshFossgreen, will do.

2 Likes

Ah, shit. @studio I hate it when that happens (I’m a fellow Brit)

We’ll get that £57 refunded for you. Expect an email from Jason (our support ninja) in a few days confirming £57 has been refunded.

And thanks everyone for the feedback; sounds like offering a 100% digital only option is something we should get sorted for non-USA folk.

Cheers,
Chris

8 Likes

That 50 songs book is sitting on a shelf somewhere in my office. I’ve never used it because it’s tab only, and I don’t want to become dependent on tablature.

4 Likes

Wow! Now that is customer service. Can we please have Chris and Jason on the negotiating team for the much-vaunted UK-US trade deal?

4 Likes

@Chris
Thanks Chris but don’t go to any trouble. the course and the community here was well worth the money and I am not looking for any refunds dude
It is all cool this end. I small price to pay for my new found love of the bass.
Plus, it was not your fault. It is our shitty government.
I am going to use my new bass skills to write anti government songs. That will show them!

4 Likes

@PeteP
We should have got them over to negotiate the brexit deal

2 Likes

I think that is the best review you could share with anybody wondering if it’s a value-for-money course: somebody declining a refund. The fact that you would even consider refunding charges that were out-with your control is wonderful. What a bunch you are. Kudos to you all.

8 Likes