B2B Live Hangs

Thank you, and I look forward to it, I had a great time chatting with you last time. :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, I know.
Zoom is pretty good, the only real disadvantage is the time limit with the free version.
One cannot really blame Yuan for that though … he is running a company, not a charitable organisation, and Zoom is chiefly intended for corporate use anyway.

3 Likes

Sorry, I thought you were meaning that only
Skype had screen sharing, that I why I wrote that, my bad, I read you wrong.

2 Likes

I do understand their business model and won’t argue with it. It would be nice if he had a pricing tier for non-business users though.

2 Likes

He must be making a killing with all the groups resorting to using this for social meetings that would otherwise be in person. 95% of all AA and NA and CA and CMA and HA and SLA and OA and MA and PPA and AlAnon whatever anon group in the country, if not the wold is now on Zoom, hourly, daily and weekly.
And that’s just one set of groups that do this.
Think Churches doing their services on Zoom
So many things now.

3 Likes

Yeah, a tier on how many uses per month, or how many members per meet.
4 meetings per month up to 25 people ($1.99)
8 meetings per month up to 50 people ($2.99)
12 meetings per month up to 75 people ($4.99)
16 meetings per month up to 100 people ($7.99)
20 meetings per month up to 150 people ($9.99)
Unlimited $14

There take that to Zoom and tell them we will take tier 2

3 Likes

With the dramatic increase of Zoom usage during the last few months (due to everybody being stuck at home) that might happen. Their current lowest-priced plan is still a bit too expensive at EUR 14 (USD 15, I guess), but Google Meet offer a Basic Plan for USD 6 per month, which is actually quite reasonable.

3 Likes

I’m actually considering purchasing the annual plan on Zoom, which works out to be $12.49 per month. I have the potential of putting it to use in such a way that I can write it off on my taxes.

Pondering on it now :thinking:

2 Likes

Yep, Zoom’s revenue is reportedly up by 200%, profits are up by 300%, compared to Q1 2020.
That’s a few hundred million bucks extra … I guess he doesn’t have to worry about his GAS-induced expenses this year. :grin:

4 Likes

Okay done deal!

I upgraded and we can hang as long as we want without having to switch over to another session. Let’s try to keep it around 90 minutes though.

6 Likes

Haha, good job!
A true woman of action.

6 Likes

You just described me to a T :wink:

5 Likes

Aw.

I kind of love that I can say it, but… I can’t - I have band practice on tuesday.

But I was checking the local time so I likely would have joined if the timing/day would have been more convenient for me.

3 Likes

Just a reminder everyone (or anyone who’s interested), the live hang is at 11:00 am California time tomorrow. I have it setup for 90 minutes, but if we go over it should be okay.

I look forward to seeing lots of B2Bers there!

3 Likes

Hopefully someone on your side of the ocean will launch a live hang at a time that suits you better. The idea is for us to have multiple hangs at different times and different days of the week so everyone can participate.

4 Likes

Mhhh… Might also make more sense regarding bandwith/connection speed.
Could be more dragging across the ocean.

In general 18h would not be a problem for me. It’s really just that it cuts exactly into band practice.

But I just returned from a work meeting and it seems like I will be less active come august because it’s likely our reduced work time gets pushed up to a 100% work time for our department again. So it’ll be less likely for me to join such a meeting.

3 Likes

We have two grandchildren over for the next couple days, so I’m not sure if I can make it this morning/evening (it’ll be 20:00 our end).

What platform will be used? I hope it’s not Zoom…

2 Likes

Yes, it’s Zoom. Sorry :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Hi @PamPurrs one thing I’ve found out, especially from choosing IT packages at work, is that you will never please everyone. There will always be a group of people who would have preferred a different choice of package. They are not wrong, it’s just you have to make a choice at some point.
All credit to you for sorting out a package (and I think paying for it?) and making this happen on behalf of the forum.

7 Likes

I was going to purchase an annual upgrade and save $ on the monthly fee, but at the last minute (just as I started typing in my CC#) I had second thoughts. I think I’d rather first see how today’s hang goes. If it’s an issue, I’ll go ahead and pay for the upgrade.

7 Likes