BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Congratulations @Mike_NL
I still find myself wandering aimlessly in the post B2B void at times . The people on the forums do make it a lot easier

6 Likes

Try the 50s100c, dont worry about recording, just learn the tunes.
I have found it in itself is a great learning tool.

And of course…Mark Smith courses…

7 Likes

Congratulations @Mike_NL !

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Has anyone tried School Of Rock?

Well done :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Mike_NL Congratulations. I finished back in March so it took me 10 months and that was fine for me. Now I’m on the Mark Smith courses which seems to be a popular route.

7 Likes

Started April 2021, graduated July 2021, Loved the course, Josh is a great teacher. I am hoping to see my courses from him. I really enjoyed the Music Theory, I know, it is not for everyone. But I felt like I could actually read Bass sheet music, not very fast, but if I took the time and used the skills Josh taught I could do it. It is something I never knew I wanted to do till I was doing it. Thank you, I will be going through the course again using more of the backing tracks this time. Great course, best money I have spent on learning in a long time.

13 Likes

Congratulations @gilend !

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, and congratuations on finishing the course.

Josh has his own private YouTube channel, look up Josh Fossgreen, and he has loads of lessons, and tutorials on certain songs, and just lots of good old Josh content

I, and many others have gone to TalkingBass.com and taken Marks courses, he is not quite Josh, but I put him up there, close to I’m.

If you create an account to have member access, you can take the first 5 classes of the SCALES ESSENTIALS course, so see how you like it.
Just be prepared to purchase the course after trying it, because I am willing to eat you will like it.

I have most of his courses, and have done 3, and am still working thru a few more and have more when those ar Ed one.

he often has sales on his courses, and the discounts are usually goood enough, that if you can, it is best to buy a few courses at one time, just to get the discount, which is about $20 per class, so if you get 3 courses, you save like $60.

There are more things to check out too.

Basseducation.com is a great (newer) forum that is growing.
Damien Erskine is a phenomenal bass player ,and he has loads of content you can use for lessons on there.
He has a structure section, and if you pick a particular Plath, like Jazz improv, or playing in the groove, or things like this , then he lists out which videos so watch at which time, and what things to practice on.
Damien is really accessible on the site, and thru e-mail, so that is a great place for resources. Plus it is really inexpensive.
It used to be $7 per month, but it went up in May I beleive to $10. Prior to the increase, he offered a on time lifetime a access to the ssite, accompanied by his two books he wrote, for a mere $150.
So, I happily joined for the lifetime pass.
Yearly passes are still pretty reasonable, like Nader $100 I beleive.

So, Talking Bass.org
BassEducation.com
Bass Buzz
Josh Fossgreen Youtube channel
Low Enu University (great for techniques and I finger exercise) - you need to pay $19.99 per month, but you can pay for a month, and then turn it off, and pay for a month later on when you want to use it again.
This place has some of the best finger exercises, for both fretting and plucking hands that I have ever come across, and have helped me immensely. I have not had my subscription current for a few months, as I have been doing mostly Talking Basel courses, but when I get a break, I will pay another $20 for a month.
Best part is, that your progress remains, even when you are idle for a while, so its not like starting over all the time.

It is highly underrated, and not well known, but the teacher has a really good, too the point, but explains things very well, so its not lie it goes right over your head, he does is slowly, and works up, like Josh, and provides lesson material for download for every lesson in the module.

He has lots of modules as well
Beginner
Technique
Music Threory
Sight Reading
Slap
Tap
Etc……

Worth a check out, and IMHO, it is well worth spending $20 to at least test it out.
All the great exercises re in the Tchnique module, but of course, there are great exercises for each module, it is just in the technique, there are great exercises for strength and dexterity, for fretting, plus lost of plucking hand alternate plucking with string crossing exercises, and eventually the two blend, and you are playing things you never thought you would get to play years ahead of what you would hve thought was possible.

6 Likes

Congratulations @gilend ,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Congratulations @gilend

5 Likes

Congrats @gilend and glad you are here!

6 Likes

Welcome and congratulations @gilend !

5 Likes

Congrats @gilend

5 Likes

Wow, thank you for all the great info, I appreciate it. I will have to check these out. Like most, I want to continue my bass journey and it looks like these are great places to check out.

6 Likes

Hello.

Started on June 7, 2021

Graduated: July 9, 2021. Would have finished earlier, but I had a busy weekend.

10 Likes

@Arena1999 Congratulations! And welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Congrats @Arena1999 glad you are here.
You sped through the course!
Good for you! Did you enjoy it?

5 Likes

Congratulations @Arena1999

4 Likes

Congratulations @Arena1999 ,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes