BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Congratulations @EddieJones !

6 Likes

Congratulations @phillyball !

6 Likes

I recall that Mark Smith recommends Chord Tones and then Scale Essentials

5 Likes

When I asked Mark, he recommended Chord Tone Essentials and Sight Reading.

3 Likes

I just finished Sight Reading Vol 1 after about a year of on and off.
There is a LOT of material there that takes a long time to work on (on purpose).
Starting with it might discourage someone coming from the acheivable nibblets that Josh serves up so well.
It should be a side thing right away though, its very useful in learning fretboard very very well, learning how to play without looking, etc … and oh yeah, sight reading, lol.

I did Chord Tones first and then scales later, I would in hindsight reco Scales first then chord tones. Chord Tones is also a lot to swallow (well hell, all his courses are) but I think Chord Tones builds better on Scales than vice versa actually.

6 Likes

Congratulations @phillyball

5 Likes

Congratuations @John_E !

6 Likes

I need to find a live teacher again. Since finishing B2B I have been floundering through the Hal Leonard Bass Method Series—Just got started on Book 3. Also been working through Jeff Berlin’s Bass Mastery reading course–up to Lesson 17.

But, no real direction. I had to take some time off due to shoulder injury and work went nuts. So I devolved/regressed a little. Got about half a dozen songs I have been working on and haven’t had the motivation to record a proper cover in months. Maybe this weekend. Have to decide between Should I Stay or Should I Go; Ballroom Blitz; Shut up and Dance; and my nemesis–Paranoid…those damn eight note octaves kill me.

5 Likes

fantastic song! Sweet’s version or Krokus’?

3 Likes

Sweet’s

5 Likes

Great song @Old_WannaBe and @John_E

3 Likes

Congratulations @EddieJones !

4 Likes

Congratulations @phillyball !

4 Likes

Well, that’s me finished B2B a couple of weeks ago! What an amazing journey, it was a bittersweet feeling when I reached the last lesson. I’m now back from my holidays visiting friends and family in Spain, so time to get back to the bass and start planning the journey from here :slight_smile: I think ear training and the 50 songs pack are next!

10 Likes

Congratulations @Mar . Keep on thumping

5 Likes

Congrats @Mar

5 Likes

Congratulations @Mar!

6 Likes

Congratulations @Mar !

6 Likes

Congratulations @Mar

6 Likes

Congratulations @Mar