BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide

Wow!!! That’s an awesome effort Eric!!! Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Finally managed to get my laptop back in working order.

Added 3 REASONS THIS BASS LINE IS AWESOME (BON JOVI) to Module 10.
Added 5 BASS MUTING TECHNIQUE FIXES (WHY YOUR PLAYING SOUNDS MESSY) to Module 4.

9 Likes

Thanks @eric.kiser a great resource
Jamie

3 Likes

Updated Module 6 to include Josh’s new fretting video.

I went through and tried some different formatting ideas but didn’t like any of them. I’m pretty sure I fixed everything back the way it was. If anyone sees any weird formatting I missed, let me know.

6 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for posting this!

3 Likes

Added 20 Tips I Wish I Knew as a Beginner Bassist (Avoid My Dumb Mistakes) to the General Information videos section.

Moved the General Information section from the end to the beginning which makes more sense to me.

9 Likes

I added this to the introduction. There were enough videos with name changes where I wanted to find a different way to point it out.

7 Likes

Added these links, as much for me as anyone else. :+1:

5 Likes

Eric your a star, I really find your updates very helpful @eric.kiser
Jamie

7 Likes

Lemme throw a +1 on that! Thanks @eric.kiser!

5 Likes

Thanks guys!

I’ve gotten so much out of the BassBuzz forum and Beginner to BadAss, I wanted to do something to help others also. I’m just glad so many people have found it useful.

16 Likes

@JoshFossgreen I’ve been thinking about eliminating the “On YouTube” entries. Do you see any value in this since you can get their going to the BassBuzz link.

This question isn’t just for Josh. If anybody sees a benefit from keeping the “On YouTube” duplicate links, please let me know.

4 Likes

I’d think that if the videos are accessible in the forum or the “Beginners Bass Basics”, it would not be necessary to include a link to the YouTube videos, as they are embedded videos anyway and allow for easy access to the YouTube channel :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I think go for it! I don’t see any added value in doubling up on the links, plus it’s easier to stay in the forum hang zone for question asking, etc. with the forum links.

7 Likes

Thanks Josh. Will do.

7 Likes

Updated to remove duplicate YouTube links and added bullet points to make it all more readable.

Thanks @Krescht and @JoshFossgreen for the advice.

7 Likes

Changed Artist Series to Player Profile Series and added this video… 7 Reasons Cliff Burton F***ing ROCKS (+Bass Lesson Tips)

7 Likes

Added all the Beginner Bass and Amp reviews.

5 Likes

Memory Lane…

I was perusing this thread looking for a particular video, and came across this one.

Back when I was still awaiting my experimental, cheap bass to arrive from Amazon, my musician brother had sent me the link to that video. That’s how I discovered Josh and BassBuzz and of course, B2B.
Imagine that… the very first thing I learned on bass was how to put the strap on. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Some time back, @JoshFossgreen did a video about double stops and power chords, and how to play them. I’d like to watch it again, but cannot seem to find it. Anybody know where it is?

2 Likes