Better Bass Tone with “The Producer Switch” (costs $0)

@JDDaniel Glad I could help spread the word. If you never want to miss a video your best bet is probably to make sure your subscription is set to “All”. After subscribing, click the bell icon to manage notifications.

5 Likes

10-4. Just checked and I got it in my YouTube notifications, I think I was thinking it would have been posted here on BassBuzz. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Hey @JDDaniel! I do post every YT video here in the forum, but you might not get an actual notification, unless you ‘follow’ me. (just click on my avatar, then click Follow)

I also ping this channel in our Discord when I post videos (with the link to the Forum thread as well), if that works better - BassBuzz

4 Likes

Buy a Sire M7, it has ALL the switches :smiley:

3 Likes

Such a cool video, really liked this one! Producer switch is legendary :smiley:

Also, really really like that reggae line too. I’m going to see if the band fancy doing a funky reggae track!

4 Likes

That’s really cool Josh. Congratulations! :sunglasses: :+1:

Added Better Bass Tone (Works With Any Bass) to Module 6 on the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.

6 Likes

thanks Eric

3 Likes

Done! Thanks for the tip. I’ve logged onto Discord but am not on it often. Need to look into it more and see if it is an app I can find useful. I know @JT and others have mentioned it.

5 Likes

@sshoihet

Just like Chick Norris, then*

*How many push-ups can Chuck Norris do? All of them!

3 Likes

when chuck norris does a pushup he doesnt he doesn’t lift himself up, he pushes the earth down! :smiley:

5 Likes

Can we ask what has happened to your “Stock Squier” bass Josh? Am I seeing two stacked pots and a selection switch between the pickup knobs? Have you added a pre-amp? Are the pick ups still passive? What does the tone knob do now? So many questions…

6 Likes

Wow, I hadn’t noticed. Looks like it, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

Here’s a close up…

3 Likes

hmm, stacked pots, or reflection? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is getting dangerously close to stalking @leonard :wink:

5 Likes

knob stalking

5 Likes

The worst kind of stalking.

7 Likes

we will need “Producer Josh” to confirm, it could just be a reflection as you say, but there is certainly a new switch there.

3 Likes

:joy: or an insane attention to detail Barney.

3 Likes

@leonard

I have been in touch with Josh about this, and can confirm that he DID upgrade his Squier with a preamp some time ago. He provided me with the name of the company which produces it: audereaudio.com

I had considered doing this to my own Squier before I finally decided to just upgrade the entire bass: Squier V.M. '70s Jazz Bass vs American Ultra Jazz Bass. . . :slight_smile:

HTH and all best,
Joe

8 Likes