Black or brown [POLL]

Yeah, though the fretboard is the same wood for both of the above so even with variance within the same type of wood, that’s pretty extreme between the two pics.

2 Likes

That is what I thought, but I guess I can’t exclude the possibility that the brown one’s photo is an older one where they still used rosewood.

That lighter fretboard would be a deal breaker for me. Looks odd on the black. Maybe the dealer can send some better pics? The pickguard can be changed but that is a custom job so factor in $60-$80.

I would guess the black is on ‘clearance’ because it didn’t sell.

1 Like

Actually…

I kinda like it :slight_smile:

Would look great with the brown.

2 Likes

Yes, I have some hesitation there as well…

That could be a very legit reason indeed. On the other hand, it is 1050 Euro off (1200 dollars) - that is some significant dough to save! And… there are no brown ones on the used market (so, the bass itself is, as expected, a killer bass).

This one is cleverly done with that rug as backdrop… doesn’t look soooo off here:

3 Likes

Well theres also lighter grain of rosewood also, looks pretty much like pau ferro. Thats mostly the gamble if you order unseen.

1 Like

Looking at US market these are between $3200-$3400.
Is that the same general ballpark over there?
That is a LOT of money to not get the one that you like best, even with $1000 euro savings.
I love a good deal, but…

2 Likes

Is that for a 5er?? That is kinda what the “clearance” price is here (for a 5er)…

You are probably right… and I don’t really need that bass now… :wink:

(CME has one (edit: HAD one), but shipping and taxes etc are prohibitive to bring it (back) from the US. I mean, it’s a European bass, for crying out loud :rofl: I guess US prices reflect the tougher competition over there!?)

3 Likes

Yep, I’m going to side with the camp that says you should wait for the one you really want.

I’m also more hesitant about the black one since every picture looks different.

2 Likes

Think I said the exact same thing over and over before I bought a new bass :rofl:

2 Likes

Get the one you want. You’ll have remorse if you don’t.

4 Likes

I definitely on the Delano FE/M2 pickup camp. They are great performers, I’d make one tiny suggestion, add the sonar xpure to the pre and you’ll love it. That pickups sound awesome “vanilla’ no color.

2 Likes