Book of notated X-Mas Melodies for Bass? Does it exist

that looks like the winner. Quite the song list.

1 Like

I thought it stated that from the description, sorry, did not look at sample pages.

2 Likes

dang! I somehow missed this, thanks!

2 Likes

It’s cool that this exists at all :rofl:

I’m actually surprised.

Me too! Except I like to think he’s a rapper :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions all. FWIW, I can read treble clef (trained clarinetist), but as I still struggle to read bass clef without transposing from treble in my head, trying to actually transpose treble into bass “on the fly” would fry my brain.

@joshfossgreen has/had a .pdf available, “Christmas Melodies for Bass,” “written out for you by BassBuzz.” It has both notation and tab. I downloaded it, but can’t find the link where I found it now. Maybe it’s in the course extras, but I don’t have time to check right now.

It has notation and tab for 3 tunes: Joy to the World, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I’ll try to attach it here.
Christmas Melodies for Bass.pdf (39.0 KB)

I see that others have given better book/etc. recommendations, but just in case one of the above songs is not included, there you go.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Ordered this, its so worth it, has everything.
There is also a Kindle/ipad version if you are so inclined.

1 Like

This never occurred to me before! It’s perfectly logical too. With practice I would imagine it’s pretty quick too.

A trip to a used book store one can find a used hymnal including loads of Christmas music with the melody line on the treble clef. Two or thee bucks.

2 Likes