Boss Katana Go - Discontinued Sales

Editing this for peeps who don’t want to drag through the chit chat and twinkie talk.:

“From Roland: We are continuing to experience difficulty in sourcing parts for the KTN GO.
As a result, we have taken the decision to make some fundamental changes to the design. As this process will take a minimum of six months, and because we are unable to confirm what the changes will be, we have also taken the decision to stop all promotion of the current model.”

So they’ll be out of stock for the near future but should return eventually.

Original post:

I posted this in another thread but just in case. It’s out of stock in many places (Sweetwater and Amazon) but there are still a few stores that have it. So if you’ve been on the fence about ordering one I’d grab it now.

I just (hopefully) just managed to order one from Guitar Center but they did note it was limited stock on the site and possibly a floor model with not original packaging.

These guys show as in stock still

4 Likes

That’s too bad. The Katana Go has gained a pretty big fan base.

3 Likes

I hope that this is not the case, as this would also impact the development of new versions and bug fixes for drivers and the app…

4 Likes

That’s why I included that bit of blurb from a third party app developer who said they would be maintaining their app for a long time to come.

And it’s always possible Boss will come out with a new version that doesn’t use the apparently unobtainable part.

3 Likes

If you read around on this subject for more than a few minutes it looks like they’ve pulled the product until they sort out the manufacturing delay. So they’re trying to balance the demand / supply customer expectations.

That’s not the same as discontinued. That thing will sell and sell at that price. Mine is really good.

5 Likes

That message is from April, it appears around mid May that the messaging changed tone.

Link to Boss/Roland web page (in Japanese but use Google Translate for English)

For ease, this is what it says:

May 24, 2024

Dear Valued Customer,

BOSS KATANA:GO End of Sale Announcement

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products.

We have suspended orders for the BOSS KATANA:GO due to the procurement situation of the materials used, but we are still unable to predict when the supplies of the materials will arrive.

Therefore, we regret to inform you that we will be discontinuing sales of the “BOSS KATANA:GO.”

I did find this note but it was on a YouTube vid so not sure how much validity it has.

“From Roland: We are continuing to experience difficulty in
sourcing parts for the KTN GO.
As a result, we have taken the decision to make some fundamental changes to the design. As this process will take a minimum of six months, and because we are unable to confirm what the changes will be, we have also taken the decision to stop all promotion of the current model.”

But a similar announcement was made on a facebook group:

So whatever the case, it appears the current incarnation won’t be available again and it’s replacement won’t be released for some time.

3 Likes

Ok right.

Time to put my Katana Go up on Reverb for silly money :money_mouth_face::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

7 Likes

Sounds like they ran into a supply chain shortage and are redesigning to work around it. It showed as in stock at my local Guitar Center, so I placed an order for pickup. Haven’t got a confirmation back yet. Was on the fence about these when they came out as I had just bought some other gear including wireless, but for sure I want one now, LOL.

4 Likes

$500 and I’ll throw in free postage :sunglasses:

5 Likes

They are already on Ebay for $200-$350…

3 Likes

I ordered one from Guitar Center earlier, I just got a shipping notification so fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Before I even finished reading the rest of the threads I placed 2 on order with my GC rep, lol.

5 Likes

I have one waiting for me at home when I get back from this current trip. I ordered it from Amazon a month ago.

4 Likes

Y’all struck it eBay Rich!

2 Likes

You won the KGo lottery, Jerry! :saluting_face:

1 Like

Still available here but over $320. No way are they worth that, but I bet they sell.

1 Like

I know a guy who sold a box of Twinkie on eBay for a couple hundreds. I thought he was crazy pricing it that much, it turned out it was not enough as his first few boxes was bought within minutes of listing. :rofl:

3 Likes

Twice now I have sold instruments for profit so fast that by the time the listing page had closed and I had gone back to my top page, they were sold. This is why buying used is the way.

2 Likes

If it’s gone too fast you know you could have gone a bit higher, :rofl:

On one hand it’s awesome, mission accomplished but on the other hand I could have made more money :joy:

3 Likes

yeah exactly I’m always like “should I kick myself?”

I assume it has to me some kind of automated purchase, but only one time was to a shop.

The first time I flipped one like that the delivery address was a love hotel. I really want to know the story there… or maybe I don’t.

2 Likes