Bummed b/c need shoulder surgery

I just found out I am going to need shoulder surgery on my left shoulder. I had a hard fall on ice earlier this spring and dislocated it. They say 6 weeks in a sling and 3 months PT–not sure how much down time that is going to mean for playing bass, but I am pretty bummed about it. Might try to hold off until the fall so I can at least enjoy the summer and maybe get some jamming experience. But as it is now, its hard to play for more than 45 minutes without pain.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that, man. Play as much as you can without hurting yourself. And here’s hoping you heal fast.

4 Likes

No bueno

5 Likes

Maybe playing the bass counts as PT?

6 Likes

Dang, other people fall too? All the best, bruh. Here’s to a speedy and full recovery.

4 Likes

My son is very active and in incredibly good health. He did the physical therapy religiously and it took four months to heal and six months to get back to normal.

Good luck @Old_WannaBe .

4 Likes

I see you are missing the point of this exercise…
You can play bass synth one handed. I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sacrilege, I say!

2 Likes

That exact same thing happened to me but I sprained my left arm because I managed to roll an ATV I was driving. The pain lasted about 1-1,5 months.

1 Like

fell off a ladder a decade ago and sustained a slap tear (torn bicep). after surgery i still have fairly limited mobility of my right arm and have developed arthritis and a bone spur in my shoulder. my ortho guy told me there’s nothing i can do unless i’m ready for a new shoulder, which i am not.

shoulders suck.

1 Like