[Buying Advice] What can I get for the new princess of bass?

The only problem with the Fallout bass, it’s nearly the same size as full size bass. I love G&L and their MFD pickups.

The design of the bass keep the overall length long with bridge almost third of the way up and long and big headstock. This of course gives better balance to the bass but for someone who’s looking for a smaller/ shorter short scale bass would be the problem for them.

Btw, here’s the progress of my 23” scale bass. Overall length I just shy of the 30”.

2 Likes

For not a lot of money @Rob150 and in this case almost no money, I’d think Thomann’s in house brand of Harley Benton would be impossible to beat. 146 Euro for a mini bass and an amp!!

4 Likes

Looks great, thank you!

1 Like

Definitely a bass to check out then. Thank you RS, and bass on!

1 Like

Looks almost like an electric concert Ukulele and it is awesome! What woods did you use?

2 Likes

It’s Padauk and oak, I just love the color combo.

2 Likes

By the way, I meant to ask you, can you explain to me how you created your 3D-printed bass ramps we talked about before? Did you use a pre-made model or did you make it yourself on some app?

2 Likes

Well I have a 3D printer FlashForge, I bought during lockdown to do something fun with the kids. Then I go on ThingVerse and check some out. Most of the Files for many things are really great but not really for bass ramps, so I went on Fiver and got a couple of talented people across the other side of the world to create a executable files for me and it’s pretty simple.

On the side note, I also bought a Prosumer CNC machine but that turned out to be a lot more difficult to deal with I have it setup and finally bought the Software (Vectric Aspire) but then now I’m so busy with the new restaurant I couldn’t get around to it.

Let me know if you want the 3D printed ramp just let me know you pay for the shipping I’ll print for you when I have the chance. They don’t feel as refine as the Ebony or Rosewood Handmade ramp but as an avid ramp user, they feel pretty awesome to me.

3 Likes