Chugging along with YouTube videos

Are they not called “Sonic Geriatric” by now? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you heard Kim Gordon’s new album. Pretty spry still for a 70 year old.

That’s a BB user? I just noticed that I was using his video to learn a New Order song a few weeks ago (In a Lonely Place).

1 Like

Ah. Will do now!

1 Like

If you mean this video, then yeah, it’s me:

In A Lonely Place – New Order – Bass cover with tabs (youtube.com)

2 Likes

Well, they don’t exist as a band anymore, so youth forever:) And as other users noted here, Kim’s new record sounds modern, pretty 'youthful".

2 Likes

You mean with Auto-Tune, Rap & (nowadays) Country? :slight_smile:

Yeah, kind of:) I mean, I’m not a big fan of this sort of music, but I still like how Ms Gordon does it, her voice and the manner of 'singing’¯_(ツ)_/¯

That said, of all ex-Sonic Youth members, Kim’s solo albums are my least favorite.

1 Like

So far, Between the Times and the Tide by Lee is my favorite solo album from a former SY’r.

Yeah, that record would be among my favorites too alongside another Lee’s album, "Names of North End Women’, and Thurston’s ‘The Best Day’.

But the most favorite is ‘Turning Lead into Gold with the High Confessions’ by The High Confessions, a supergroup with Steve Shelley on drums. Not exactly Steve’s solo album, of course, but still.

2 Likes

For super groups, have you checked out the group that Steve and Thurston were in with Mike Watt and Ron Asheton (Stooges) for the Velvet Goldmine soundtrack? They did a couple of Iggy and the stooges covers for the movie with Ewan MacGregor on vocals. That whole OST is amazing… Thom Yorke and Johhny Greenwood did a few Roxy Music covers (2HB is insanely good).

2 Likes

No, I don’t think I’ve heard this one. Gonna give a go for sure, thanks.

Ooh that’s very interesting.

I’ve been trying to choose my 3 wishes wisely… Here they are please:

• RHCP - Soul to Squeeze
  • Black Sabbath - NIB
  • Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

All bands I love listening to and think I can probably get the first 2, but Fear of the Dark will be my stretch song once I get up to the main riff :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Sorry for the delay - was on vacation.

Now I’m back and ready to ruuumbbbleeee!

• RHCP - Soul to Squeeze: I could not find it on https://ignition4.customsforge.com/, but I do have 9 GuitarPro tabs - will have a look which one will pass the relentless @Gio/@Howard test and post the video.
  • Black Sabbath - NIB. Found the user created Rocksmith file and will create the video.
  • Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark. I have the original Rocksmith file, so no problem.

Let me get settled and bring some order in chaos first - I will upload the videos ASAP!

1 Like
1 Like

lol all I do is call out when I notice one is obviously bogus. Which with this software is not super uncommon :rofl:

I still think it’s awesome what you are trying to do here though.

2 Likes

Hope you had a great vacation and certainly no hurry. Just really happy to have these to play along to. I had the original Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 on my old Xbox 360 (the last xbox with analogue sound out), but that’s long gone now. The original was my favourite, despite slow loading times, you could play a “set” which I used to do on my guitar. If you played it well, the crowd went nuts and asked for an encore.

1 Like

I have it on PC, but don’t use it anymore since I discovered ToneLib Jam.
ToneLib Jam has no “feedback” function, but it shows all notes, which I find better for learning songs. Also it can switch between 3d and score mode.

So, you can decide if you want 3d mode or score mode for your videos. Otherwise I will default to 3d mode…

Yeah, well. It was a holiday in a fully serviced resort in a very touristy region full of Germans.
That’s exactly the opposite of my idea of vacation, as I like adventure and other cultures. But this was a family thing, so I took the opportunity to teach the kids some nonsense, so they could “terrorize” their parents better :slight_smile:
Also I played my bass every day, so that’s good!

2 Likes

3D mode please, it’s probably easier to read score mode, but probably not as fun.

Nicely done, I’m not one for lots of tourists either, but can still be fun.

1 Like