Clip-on Tuners

Well… :sweat_smile: It’s doesn’t exist. I was merely trying to add to the comedy of pedals with terrible font choices. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Aw, how disappointing! :wink:

(this is meant in fun, I do not think you suck!)

6 Likes

Not good enough. You’re going to have to build one and share a picture of it here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

At least make a pedal out of pizza. Sheesh. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Well, I enjoyed it.

10 Likes

This sketch was definitely an inspiration for my joke. :nerd_face: Good catch @kristine

3 Likes

wow this is the best thing i’ve seen on SNL in the recent era

6 Likes

Whole big bunch of tuner stuff here. I’ve got the snark super-tight tuners made for bass. I’ll go ahead and keep them, mostly because they are spot on with both my metronome tuner (wired clip-on) and my line 6 pod go.

3 Likes

The word “papyrus” in Comic Sans at the end of the skit was the cherry on top.

7 Likes

I’ve got the Korg tuner Josh recommends. It’s not a strobe tuner, but it’s amazingly accurate.

3 Likes

Interestingly enough, absolute dead on tuner accuracy is not something actually required. I don’t mean it’s ok to be several cents out of tune, but if something is very slightly, like a fraction of a cent out, it’s fine and actually can be beneficial. Very slight detuning can make things sound “bigger”, and is also one reason both how and why double-tracking works.

So all these tuner claims of being accurate to 0.1 cent are not only lies (especially for the clipons), they are also immaterial.

9 Likes

I Really like that, @howard . and Thank you for bringing that into the discussion

4 Likes

Also true, according to most accounting standards. :wink:

2 Likes

This guy agrees.

8 Likes

Immaterial…until it isn’t :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

What’s really crazy to most people with “normal” salaries is immateriality for large corporations can run into multiple millions of dollars. Not surprising, but def crazy

2 Likes

I bought a Snark a few weeks back on the recommendation of my local guitar shop. Brian May is a regular customer, so they must have half a clue of what they’re talking about. That said, they know I’m a complete noob and I have no interest in becoming a rock legend so it was recommended to me on the basis of my needs. I also find it pretty simple to use and had no issues so far.

If James Hetfield ever picks the phone up for a chat, I’ll think about picking up something more upmarket. I have more chance of being kicked by a snake but hey-ho.

9 Likes

Amazing turn of phrase. I am adding this expression to my daily vernacular

10 Likes

I’m acknowledged at work as the precision measurement nerd. Getting into music was just another reason for me justifying spending money on tuners. At last count, I’ve had 14, including all the various styles. No clip on I’ve found works reliably with a B string, so I gave up on them. Tuner pedals all the way now. The Peterson Stomps are excellent. If you have one, you will be extremely pleased with it. My ongoing joke is that there’s only one situation where you won’t be pleased with it.

3 Likes

@admacdo For those of us who had an insufficient amount of sleep, and have not had coffee yet, what might that one situation be? :thinking: (hoping it is not too obvious or NSFW)

5 Likes

The only time you won’t be extremely pleased with a Peterson Stomp is if you have an ST-300 Turbo-Tuner

4 Likes