Considering a Rickebacker 4003

Were you living here or visiting? The guitar center and Sam ash on subset blvd have some spectacular used gears unfortunately, the staffs there seems to be more knowledgeable than any other locations, lol. They usually don’t let anything slips pass them.

1 Like

I was visiting from Melbourne, @Al1885 ,
I did visit the guitar centre and sam ash as well.
Voltage guitars has gone to an online only shop now, but still have a large inventory of classic gear, I think Lloyd Choate still owns the business :thinking:, i think i purchased it around 2004 :thinking:
I bought my black 1979 P Bass whilst on holiday in New Orleans in 1994.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

That make sense especially if you want one and it’s clearly less expensive here than Australia. I brought some rare ones to Thailand the custom was trying to tax me, I said I was a session musician doing recording and gigs, they let me through with 6 basses. lol.

3 Likes

Just found a boutique type bass made by maczurysk (?) called a Jazzus that sounds great. Also found a satin black Rick NOS 2020 that might trip my trigger. So many basses so little time. The Jazzus actually really intrigued me. The craftsmanship is impeccable. Plus it looks good.

2 Likes

I did get stung with taxes for the 1979 P bass from New Orleans, but learned my lesson for the J bass, I had Lloyd write me a receipt for repair works on the J bass, and carried it back through customs and no body said anything :smiley: :sunglasses:

2 Likes