Cover Challenges

Yeah. You could just try to start it. I did not say that I would not take part at all :wink: It’s just that I would not force myself to.

You have the burden of organization now @gcancella :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Someone else suggested that several months ago and it didn’t go over very well. I for one would not be interested in it, but perhaps there are some that would.

2 Likes

As I said, it will need a person to organize it and keep it going. It will be a lot of work (even if you think it won’t be very much) and probably would be best if a few people that were interested formed a committee to do it. Otherwise, it will probably fizzle off.

4 Likes

… like the last one

4 Likes

I feel that if it was a good idea, It would create immediate engagement and I wouldn’t need to “defend my ground” so much in the first day of the thread’s life.

As I said it would be way better if it was a community driven project and with community-wide interest. Because, let’s face it, with this amount of resistance so early on and lack of will to participate It’s doomed to fail without the driving force of the likes of @JoshFossgreen or @Gio vs someone like me constantly nagging people to participate and explaining why it’s beneficial.

This doesn’t mean sporadic challenges without a timelimit wouldn’t have a place in this forum

5 Likes

I very much like the idea of an “After B2B Curriculum” that could be created and improved with time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d say that if this is something that you @gcancella want to try and establish, then I say “Go for it”. Yes, we’ve seen similar threads started in the past that sort of just died on the vine, but maybe you have some ideas of your own that might work - who knows until you try… If you wanna try something, try it… Everyone has opinions, but don’t let others opinions drive what you want to try… Being independent in how we think and operate is what makes bass players unique. If what you do doesn’t go over big on this forum then who gives a shit - at least you tried… Damn, I started a ton of new idea threads on this forum and only a couple are still alive…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

It’s not you defending ground on the first day. Like I said at first, this is not a new idea in this forum. It has been discussed before, and for some reason, Idk why, it was not received well.
Some here like the idea, and said they would do it, if it happened, but it was left at that.

A 50/50 split, or close to it.
Half said, “we have a thread to post covers”
Half said, they would do it if it was started
Zero% did anything to start it.

I am trying a similar thing. Different, but similar in it involves a group of willing people.

I wanted to set up some LIVE interactive meet ups VIA Zoom or the like. To talk face to face, play together. Help one and other in real time, all sorts of things. Practice songs we could play together, whatever.
it was met with some enthusiasm, and would have happened already, but for the fact, my schedule got a little busier, and I have not followed thru with it.
I asked for volunteers to help organize it, but the thread got buried.

It is NOT that what you propose is a bad idea
It is not something that has no possibility of becoming a thing here.

It **IS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS A LEADER, OR COMMITTEE TO GET GOING **
That is the only way it will happen, unless BassBuzz actually creates something like this for the forum to participate in.
For that to happen, there will likely be a fee to participate. If there is a fee, many will likely bow out.
SBL already has a “pay to play” model to his site, so when they create things like this, it is to generate revenue.
It would be risky for BassBuzz to invest in something like this, when there is no “pay to play” items that have been successful here on the site.
I think the fact that BassBuzz is free to participate in fully (other then B2B). Is great, and I think most people here are tired of, or turned off by, or both, the pay to play sites.

This is just my take on it, based on opinion, and experience here and other forums, free and paid.

What I am really saying is, don’t be so hard on yourself, or upset with the response. It is a big hill to climb to get something like this, and something that already fizzled after being talked about, going.

I see a lot of normal posters are not replying in this thread. This alone shows you it’s not a new idea here.

Plus, I encourage you to try and set it up, I do see benefit, and it would be fun too. It COULD work if it gets set up, but it has to get set up.
I would help you if I can, but I may not be enuf help to see it thru. But I am game to try if you have a model and there is something I could do…

7 Likes

As I said in my earlier comment, it’s not necessarily a BAD idea, it’s just not something I’d be interested in. However, as @T_dub said, if you organize and manage it properly, there are probably a number of people who would participate.

4 Likes