Custom Paint Job

I used an airbrush for gaming years ago and I would call it indispensible for that, a game changer (pun intended). However, generally you are talking a pretty low volume of paint with them. Putting a thick coat on a guitar might be a little much.

2 Likes

no problem at all ! the more advice @eric.kiser will get the more he will be happy and confident I guess :grin:

2 Likes

Those were some long posts. @PeteP @terb @Lanny Thanks for taking the time to do that and thanks everybody else for taking the time to chime in with your own insights.

A lot of it is what @terb mentioned. It’s more about the idea of having at least a basic understanding so I feel confident enough to move forward with it.

4 Likes

So what color are you going to do? . . . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m still trying to decide.

1 Like

This is from a NAMM thread somewhere else - how about it, @eric.kiser?? :joy:

2 Likes

It pains the EYES! :rofl:

This is particularly funny because I really have been considering something similar. Not that colour scheme, but similar design.

1 Like

That’s obnoxious in a way I fully approve. It has kind of wrapped around to awesome.

2 Likes

Which reminds me: have you thought about a vinyl wrap process? Seal it with a polyurethane varnish and it’ll last for years. The same applies to a ‘floating paint dip’ if you want something a bit more, erm, colourful.

1 Like

Looks like something you’d might see in an Austin Powers movie??

4 Likes

It’s Shagadelic, Baby!

5 Likes

Its funny that you say that! I had just watched the first one the day before the picture was posted. I thought the same thing but figured it was just recency bias. haha.

3 Likes

No. I’m not looking for anything so fancy that I would need a wrap or a dip.

1 Like

A wrap doesn’t need to be a fancy pattern, but I wonder if it might be the simpler process. Plus it’s far more removable if you change your mind.

I’m giving serious thought to buying a project bass and veneering the face (not to mention making a federal case out of a dead battery - duh), so perhaps I’m not the one to advise on simplifying anything.

2 Likes