Custom Prints

this might be explained somewhere in one of the vids, but seeing as how you are taking someone else’s instrument to do this what happens if it all goes wrong? can the process be safely removed and start over?

1 Like

I wouldn’t advise it unless you know what you’re doing. Obviously you have to remove all of the pieces from the guitar… everything. That means you have to put it back together. As far as the process goes, just about anything that can be done, can be undone, but it’s labor intensive. Long story short, make sure you’re doing it right

1 Like

I would target this to bass builds. You could even go big and try to team up with one of the sites like Pitbull etc that sells bodys as an adjunct service if you really wanted to get nuts.

I would totally do this on a full build in a heartbeat vs. finishing the bass myself as I am not handy in that area of wood finishing at all. I bet there are tons of others like me out there.

3 Likes

As a musician, I wanted to be able to take apart my instrument and know how it ticked. If I weren’t a musician, I would probably go the route you’d mentioned as well because it’d involve less risk and be a cheaper sell

2 Likes

right, I was actually thinking about it more from your standpoint. if you were doing somebody’s p bass and something went wrong are you sending out a big check to them :grimacing:

1 Like

I cover all of that up front. Whereas that is always a possibility, real life happens to us all, , the likelihood of catastrophic failure is very low with me (famous last words). Thankfully that hasn’t slowed interest at all

2 Likes

cool. I guess every business involves a bit of risk :+1:

your work is very nice btw

1 Like

Yes, and I have an ace in the hole… One of my really good friends is a luthier. He has promised that should I get in over my head, to bail me out. That eliminates 99.99% of my risk

Thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate all of the feedback here

2 Likes

Just finished my 3rd

2 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve been eagerly awaiting you posting this and man was it worth the wait.
That is an outstanding job!

1 Like

Thanks again! I think I will do my 6 string guitar next because my guitar player is asking if I will do his guitar and I figure it’s best to experiment on something that is my own 1st

2 Likes

This is seriously sweet.

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I’m getting better at it with each one that I do. This was the 1st I have done that is active electronics though. I did have to ask some additional questions and get a little more help with it, but it came out great

3 Likes

This is really cool stuff, a very nice way to customize the instrument :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks! Hoping to turn it into a side business

2 Likes

These basses are so seriously cool. They are true pieces of art - I just wish you lived near me! :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliment! I’m truly humbled by all the positive feedback here on all my completed projects! I might not live near you, but I’m looking into selling/shipping etc, which could close that gap :wink:

3 Likes

:joy: to Australia? Maybe you could apprentice me and I’ll run your business out here :rofl:

2 Likes

Shipping is one thing… Being in 2 places at the same time as something all together different! Lol

2 Likes