Discussion: User Video Index

Thanks @JoshFossgreen for setting this up.
Was super easy to add.
Can’t wait to see the repository build.

4 Likes

Question: Are we linking our covers to the post on the forum (Post your Covers, etc.) or to where the cover lives (my website for example)?
I would think linking them to the forum post might be better, so people can comment.
Thoughts?

2 Likes

I linked to my videos directly, looks like John did too. I don’t see a problem with linking to your forum posts if you like, though!

4 Likes

Yeah, I modelled mine after yours and @John_E and linked directly to my site. As an afterthought, I thought it might be better to link to the forum. I may change them all tomorrow.

4 Likes

Also, while the OP of the threads should obviously be the index, is there any reason not to just discuss in the threads themselves?

2 Likes

@PamPurrs don’t feel one way or another about where you link to. I had assumed you would be linking back to your site.

@howard I don’t think there’s any issue with that. All the extra detail about how to do it was just trying to keep the original post organized.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ll just keep it that way.

3 Likes

Hey @howard … so I saw from the index that you are prepping INXS ‘Don’t Change’. I happen to play drums in a band which covers this song. Excellent track and I know it pretty well.

So, here goes: would you like me to supply a live drum track for your use? (Can also send video of me playing it as well, if you like). I’d give you a stick click into the main groove so that you can match it with the synth intro (which I presume you are doing).

Can also supply files as a Reaper project if you want to mix/effect the drum-set stems yourself.

Let me know (PM no problem) - and no pressure if you’re already sorted, playing some bespoke/different arrangement, or otherwise it’s a “no-go”.

4 Likes

Wow, amazing offer! I can’t promise we will get to this soon and the song is half in the can already, but no way am I turning down a free drum track :slight_smile:

I’ll message you after work with details (BPM the recording is done at so far, etc.) If you don’t mind contributing to something that might take months to appear, this could be fun for sure.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Great! Deal me in then. Look forward to getting the details and very much hope I can help!

4 Likes