Don't Reply Or Click Please

Just a poll that I realized wasn’t the best way to find out something… please don’t comment or like any comments, just let it go to the bottom of the forum! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

One.

1 Like

It’s On

click

So many one string basses!

Haha too many and I don’t want to spam

Hi @Glitch, not trying to shoot this down, but I guess most people in here don’t think there is a lot of value in such queries. I know they do a lot of them over at TalkBass (a bit like yours, or perhaps “what is better: rounds or flats?” etc), but what information do you think you will get out of the results? What if you get 90% saying 6 strings are best? Well, maybe then you can at least learn a lesson on statistics :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I would encourage you to ask more to the point - such as “Is it hard to play a 5-string? I really would like to try - what should I be aware of?” or “What experiences can people share who play several different basses (4, 5, and 6-string)?” or “what strings would you suggest in order to emulate the sound of (motown, Chris Squire, Jaco, xxx)?” - such questions are likely to give you more insight than any query.

I wouldn’t even want to answer your query, because, IMO, there is no “best” - it all depends on what you want to do with it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But, of course, before asking a lot of questions - check the forum first! Many have already been asked in one form or another. In this context, it is perfectly alright to revive and old thread and add your comment or question. After all, there are new people joining all the time!

8 Likes

I agree 100% with everything you just said @joergkutter.

There are plenty of threads here regarding 4 string, 5 string, and 6 string. If you really want to know what people think of each, just peruse those threads. I don’t see the point of having a survey about it.

7 Likes

I believe this question is one of personal persuasion. I would say 4 strings but I prefer 6 strings so I think like the others have said if you are considering this for yourself you should look at what you want to accomplish on the bass and then decide what is best for you

4 Likes

Ok I’ll try to close this or something! :wink:

2 Likes