Drop D or not?

That’s what being an expert in (almost) any field is, isn’t it? :grin:

2 Likes

Ha!
Yes. Absolutely.

2 Likes

Yeah, if i do a Nice controlled drop its good. It also takes several plucks or pick strokes to go back up to e

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.

5 Likes

It all depends on what you want to play. I love Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine and a lot of their songs are in drop D, but when I am just messing around I always play in standard tuning. All you have to do is drop your E down to D. I recommend picking up a clip on tuner to make it easy to tune.

Honestly it’s super easy without one. You get to where you can get really close just guesstimating and only require a couple seconds of fine tuning.

2 Likes

You can use a normal tuner, it would just tune the opposite direction that you’re used to

If you just need an occasional d note, slide up to the 10th fret on the e string and find it there. If you have to do a lot, I agree with a second base.

1 Like

Now there’s a great statement!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

I have always said that everyone makes mistakes but you should learn from them and not just keep making the same mistakes hoping for a different outcome. :rofl:

1 Like

Also, luckily, there is a D string in the EADG tuning already :smiley: just tune the E to a D one octave lower and that’s it.

:point_down:

:point_up_2:

3 Likes