Editing App?

ok soooooooo i post bass covers on instagram BUT i cant just take a vid and slap in on my account, sadly i hate my voice too much for that, so i need to crop it. i was using nchsoftware yada yada, but now it wont let me touch it unless i pay for it and i cant pay for it sooooooo… yall know any good simple free video editing platforms??

2 Likes

For cropping the video editing software of your OS should be enough.
Not sure about Mac, but Windows 10 comes with a simple video editor that is good enough for cropping videos.

If that’s not for you I personally use ffmpeg for stuff like that. I use it without a GUI but there are freeware GUIs for ffmpeg out there and cropping is such a basic video editing need that any video editing software can do it.

1 Like

lmao my issue is im on windows 7 pro

1 Like

Seems like you missed a few opportunities to upgrade for free then… You should still be able to though.

2 Likes

Did you create it in NCH VideoPad? If so, I have a license for that app and I could crop it for you if you want to send it to me along with instructions on how much you want it cropped.

2 Likes

im good thank you, i think ive found something that may work
fingers crossed

2 Likes

Hey :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: What software do you use for editing? Thx

2 Likes

Hi @JAMES77, welcome.

Folks seem to like Davinci Resolve (if your computer can handle it) and it is FREE for most features.
Others use Moavi which I believe is relatively inexpensive and easier on the CPU/memory needs.
Others on Apple products do use iMovie on macs but this is very difficult on ipads/etc.

Feel free to drop over to this thread and say hi to all.

2 Likes

Assuming you’re asking about video editing…

Ditto everything @John_E said. Have used a few different VEs in the past, including Movavi, which is actually my favorite “simple” VE. I’ve also used Premier Pro for quite few of my projects, but grew tired of having to pay extortion payments to Adobe every month. I now use Davinci Resolve, which runs circles around all the others, but as John pointed out, requires some really powerful hardware to run it efficiently.

1 Like