Envelope Filter Pedals

Hey John, it’s not a specific setting, basically anything with the envelope switch in “down” mode will give you similar controls to the Moog LPF.

2 Likes

So I was wondering how hard it would be to make an envelope filter effect using just an envelope and a filter, and it turns out, not very hard :slight_smile:

Probably not clear what’s going on there, I have an envelope modulating the filter cutoff, with a high Q. This is the simplest envelope filter you could possibly make. Took a few seconds.

Sounds pretty awesome with a chorus on it as well:

3 Likes

It’s been almost a year since I created this topic. Just thought I’d come back and check in with it.

I still haven’t acquired an envelope filter. Too many pedals, too little time.

I’m still lusting after either a Proton v4 by 3 Leaf Audio or Micro-Tron IV by Mu-Tron. They are both so smooth and pleasing to the ear.

However, I will probably end up starting with an MXR Bass Envelope Filter.

Much more affordable than either and when it comes to the Proton, much more available. So few Proton’s are made that people on TalkBass usually post them for trade instead of for sale. Using them to acquire other very rare pedals that don’t typically come up for sale. The rare pedal market is a weird place.

2 Likes