Epiphone Thunderbird Users - your honest thoughts?

They sure do!

2 Likes

I was going to show thim that, but a little pricey :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

It is a lot longer than a Jazz Bass. I don’t think the body is as wide though.

4 Likes

mmm nice! I’m not sure how they compare size wise, although the T-bird is most certainly longer - I can just about touch the tip of the headstock with my left hand when I’ve got it on the sling. From what I’ve heard, the Jazz is more versatile tone wise…

Depends what you want to play with it I guess…

3 Likes

I just got my Epiphone Thunderbird today because the price was right. I love the look but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

3 Likes

How about now? Have time to try it out yet?

My Schecter Corsair has tbird pickups and I love it

3 Likes

Not yet. I’m waiting on the new strap and I have to add the strap locks.

3 Likes

That toothpick trick worked like a charm. Oddly enough, only the neck lock needed the trick. The tail one was a standard, so the Schaller I had worked right away.

4 Likes

I was watching a 4K version of Nirvana live at the Reading Festival just now. Incredible that a 3 person band made this much noise!

Also of note is how cool Krist looks with his low slung TBird, and leather jacket.

Slightly off topic, but for anyone that’s interested there is quite a nice moment at 42.30 where Kurt talks to Krist and they play an impromptu version of Bostons More than a feeling (which sounds very similar to their most popular song Smells like teen spirit - a song that Nirvana often didn’t play live as they felt embarrassed by it).

Anyway its a pretty cool moment where both Kurt and Krist have fun trolling the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMuzwyvcfJk&t=5675s

1 Like

yeah, that’s it. most Gibson (almost every Gibson to be honest) are very bad instruments. some are excellent … but that’s rare. it’s even way worse with Epiphone. I’ve played hundreds of instruments and I’ve absolutly never seen a good Epiphone. I highly doubt it exists.

sure. no comparison.

4 Likes

Those shows on YouTube where they repair guitars is 9 out of 10 times a Gibson. Usually a broken or cracked headstock.

1 Like