Favorite Christmas music with good bass? (+Spotify playlist)

If the “Last Christmas Challenge” was a thing, I’d have lost already :rofl:

3 Likes

Oof.

I always liked misheard lyrics but never heard of that one.
The most famous is probably “Agathe Bauer” (I got the power)

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing Nelson, you sound great! Nice fat tone.

4 Likes

Thanks Josh,
At that time I didn’t know how to play bass that well. I just sang to it and a sound engineer did the rest.

5 Likes

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but Salsoul orchestra has some great basslines in their songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2uu6sl4cPI

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Zeltys, thanks for the share! Feel free to come Introduce Yourself! when you get a chance.

3 Likes

Here’s a breakup song about Christmas and Seasonal Affective Disorder. What more could you ask for? The band was one of my favorites in DC in the early to mid 90s. They also had seven bass players in their five-plus years of existence (the bassist equivalent of Spinal Tap’s drummers, although none of theirs spontaneously combusted), so I’m holding out hope that my B2B training will make me number eight if they ever get back together.

3 Likes

Update - I put together a Spotify playlist of some of my favorites, plus some suggestions from this thread!

7 Likes

Great idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found this album Soul Christmas the other day, one of the few Christmas albums I can make it all the way through without wanting to skip any tracks. And it has some excellent bass :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Josh/People,
The Best of BB King, “The Christmas Collection” GREAT BASS!!!

3 Likes

Bjams,
“Back Door Santa” isn’t that song on one of James Browns Christmas CD’s?

2 Likes

Thanks Trib, BB and JB are now on the playlist!

2 Likes

Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses has an incredible baseline.

6 Likes

Oh that’s a great song, I’d forgotten about it!

1 Like

How about this… Mariah Manson

2 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Love those mashups @eric.kiser :joy:

2 Likes

:grinning: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes