Favorite Song?

What is your favorite song?

1 Like

Mine is:

This isn’t my favorite song of all time, but I was just replaying this: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Bassbot quote

1. List item

:left_speech_bubble: Learn to listen. Opportunity could be knocking at your door very softly. — Frank Tyger

thanks brother

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @Bassbot display help.

Mine is:

Symphonic Metal anyone? :smile:
2 Likes

I love Nightwish! It’s been a while since I dug into any, may just be time to revisit. :slight_smile:

I am partial to Deja Vu by Iron Maiden. I love the song in general and it helps that it has a bad ass bass line too.

Down for symphonic metal. All metal. Lots of metal.

1 Like

Saw their concert in Philly last spring. That got me to dig out some of their CDs. So far I have some of their oldies down- 10th Man Down and End of All Hope. I’ve been working on Ghost Love Score, but I have had to transpose it since Marco played it on his 5 string, and I only have a 4.

2 Likes

Why is it every time I play Metallica, Nothing Else Matters?

2 Likes

Haha. :slight_smile:

Speaking of, I’ve had that stuck in my head because the sound guy at this festival last weekend was playing Iron Horse all weekend -

3 Likes

Can‘t really speak of THE favorite song , because there are so many. In terms of bass lines , there is „APB“ „Shoot you down“ coming to my mind. Or „ Stranglers“ „nice ‚n‘ sleazy“, because they triggered my wish to become a bass player

2 Likes

My favorite song is Californication by The Red Hot Chili Peppers .

2 Likes

I love that whole record!

Thanks for sharing those @urs.gottscheu, wasn’t familiar with either one!

I have a new favourite! It’s this cover featuring Joe Dart on bass and reminds me why I love music and gigs!

2 Likes

I love that we have so many fun new bass heroes emerging. For a long time it was Flea and Les. Les and Flea.
It’s a good time to be a bass player.

2 Likes

Is there a time when it isn’t? :star_struck: I think fun is the most appropriate word there Gio, as opposed to heroes. I’d call you a hero as much as Mr Dart. Or me. I Like his tone, funky but deep. It’s a fun cover too by a band absolutely having fun, massive smiles and gurning from all involved!
P.S. I’m more of a Les man. Quirk out… :grin:

2 Likes