Fender Meteora Bass

Those look so good. They look nice to hug and hold close. I want one, but I’ve not got the means at the moment.

Clearly fender made some effort to move into the future, and this jetsons look isn’t bad-it made me appreciate their design group for the first time ever.

Hopefully one day i can play one, they look fun.

2 Likes

It’ll be another ‘discontinued’ bass in 3 to 5 years. These are too ‘different’ for a large majority of Fender Fans (me included)…The shape itself is important on stage for the type of music you play. This is not a bluesy or country or metal type ‘look’. IMO. The standard P and J body shape is iconic and recognizable on ANY stage for any type of music IMO.
The pickups…meh…preamp and a good amp/cab or pedal can MAKE almost any pickup sound decent. I agree with you though regardless…less than stellar.

1 Like

That says grab one to me and put it in the closet. $$$$ years after.

2 Likes

Only if someone has disposable income they can easily dispose of. :dollar:

Lol yeahhhh not typical of modern day Fenders. They flood the market and that ruins any real profits.
Boutique basses that are hand made (Wal, Skjold, Sadowsky etc), those have resale profit potential …anything factory made with 200,000 units per year. Doubtful.
Of course…i could be completely offside lol

1 Like

Lots of Fender fan bois and gurlz out there. Rare models will only accrue value. Hand made or factory. Imo

1 Like

I have a mint usa dimension IVHH …not a mark on it…prob one of THE nicest necks ive ever played. Tried to sell it…paid almost 2400…barely got interest at 1600. (It was literally when they discontinued them a few years ago). Maybe i should try again(?)

Doesn’t look promising. Guitar Center has a used one in “Excellent Condition” for $1249. And another one for 100 bucks less.

Yep. Exactly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could always be wrong.

If you’re looking to flip basses, not a good investment IMO.

1 Like

it’s not their time yet…you gotta wait until the Millennials or whoever comes after them thinks they are the ‘bee’s knees’.

Buying new is almost never a good investment. I have turned a profit on a new bass, but only because I bought it as B stock. Usually you’re gonna take a bath.

If resale interests you, never buy new.

2 Likes

local Dave’s has a Meteora in stock. tempted to v give it a tickle

1 Like

Please do. I would like to hear your review.

1 Like

@eric.kiser

Just saw this thread Eric- definitely a lot of varied opinions! I love my Fender Mustangs, so I would certainly fall into the Fender fan category. However, from the moment that I first saw the Meteora design online, my reaction was OMG, what have they done?

Have not played one, but did pick one up momentarily in a store the other day. I cant really explain my reaction to the design- it feels like they were trying for something futuristic - but to me it just looks silly. Of course, im probably no longer in their age targeted audience. So after saying all this, I guess im just an old man on a soapbox, resisting change! :smiley:

3 Likes