Fender Rumble 100 Overkill?

I got the same dilemma, I also live in the apartment, so I understand you. :blush: I got a really good deal for a used rumble 100 and I just bought it. It’s not the latest version of the amp, I think it’s the first version, but I love it. I do recommend buying some good headphones for quiet practice though. :wink:

4 Likes

If anyone is interested in the Rumble 100 (great amp), I’ve got one for sale

5 Likes

This thread makes me feel better about my BA210v2…

5 Likes

That’s what we’re here for, to give everyone a warm, fuzzy feeling.

5 Likes

I am glad I could have been of help :smiley:

3 Likes

Probably all mentioned before so I just give my 2 cents and try to keep it short & on point.

For only practicing at home the 40 is probably enough.
The 100 is not overkill if you see yourself playing with other people or just want to keep the opportunity open.

There is no world in which I do have the budget for the 100 and go for the 40. I only would do that if I had to really look at my expenses for some reason.

I myself bought the Rumble 100 and am happy with it and also was very happy that it was an option that I then could use in band practice. Only problem is that it is still in the practice room… But I really got used to the Vox headphone amp for practicing at home.

6 Likes

Thanks Juli0r, I am the same. I have the VOX plug for practice, but would like to keep the option open for going to jams in future. I have the budget so I think it is a no brainer based on the feedback.

5 Likes

I had a Rumble 30 and it just did not have what I thought a good practice amp should have. I went with a Hartke 50 and love the sound as well as the option of an aux input for use with an mp3 player or other type to be able to play along with.

5 Likes

Thanks Franko. The Rumble 100 has a Aux in too. One of the features I really like. I have my laptop connected to my VOX plug listening to the lessons and can hear both my amp and the lesson through my headphones. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That darn thing is just too good…

3 Likes

You’ve got to go by the old saying: go big or go home. I agree with the others, you can always turn the volume down. Power: better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

6 Likes

+1

4 Likes

This post is spot on. I have the 40 and only use it for home practice, usually with headphones. The 40 will definitely fit well in a live mix with drums and guitar. The choice of amps really depends upon your personal situation and budget. My “stage” amp is an Ampeg SVT, not the best gear for use at home or in an apartment. If you’re not playing live, the 40 is an exceptional amp. If you have the desire or potential to one day play gigs, definitely look into the 100, 200, or 500. All are easily carried to gigs and venues and are most suitable, as well, for home practice. I wish you the best of luck.

5 Likes

That should be., the 40 WILL NOT fit well in a live mix. Sorry for the type.

6 Likes

@Russell_Kimball FYI, you can always click on the little pencil icon below your post to edit it. Just sayin’

2 Likes

Thanks Gabriel, we have a saying here in Ireland that sums up the sentiment. “Better looking at it, than looking for it” :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks Russell, I think the 100 is the best for my budget and ambition.

3 Likes

When I bought my Mustang (after working with the eBay Cort that just wasn’t giving me the feels), it came in a ‘Beginners Package’ deal with the 500. It’s a smaller shop, so maybe it’s a storage thing…? [If you’re serving professionals as well, just get the one amp, maybe?]

I haven’t tried it yet, though … I have a smaller amp next to my chair in the den; it’s fine for practice, now. It’ll be an incentive to keep going with the course over the winter, then break that mother out!

4 Likes

I bout a Rumble 25 and it is PLENTY LOUD. My Behringer is about 75% heavier; the Rumble is perfect for practice/lessons and very easy to place into my car. If you don’t have anything else, the Rumble 100 is going to be more than sufficient, in my opinion.
Rock On!

4 Likes

Thanks Skopolow, I have went ahead and decided to get the 100, will have it tomorrow :smiley:

8 Likes