Forum Question Fears

3 Likes

Bassbot is cousins with ukebot and harmonica bot and is a ‘feature’ of forums like this that let you play dopey games and ask questions. Imagine it was pretty cool before Siri and Alexa came along and gave the bots a ass whoopin

2 Likes

Thanks John, I kinda get it now. :thinking:

1 Like

@bassbot, add dog food to my shopping list

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

1 Like

See there’s the problem with Bassbot. I tell Alexa to add dog food to my shopping list, and she replies that she has added it, and it’s done.

1 Like

@Bassbot display help. :confused:

I don’t think he likes me. :worried:

1 Like

put it on a line by itself

@Bassbot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Signs point to yes

I don’t understand.

Put the bassbot command on a line by itself without punctuation. Like this:

@Bassbot display help

<edit - I botched it and looks like it doesn’t work with edits of posts.>

1 Like

@Bassbot tell me who you are

Nuthin’ :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

@Bassbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Every problem has a gift for you in its hands. — Richard Bach

2 Likes

@bassbot are ants evil?

1 Like

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

1 Like

Holy crap! This thread went so far off the rails I don’t even know what rails it had to begin with.

This is a beginner bass musician forum. By that fact alone it is a place where any and everybody should feel welcome to come ask any “stupid” questions they need answered.

BassBuzz is literally the only place on the Internet where you can get answers to those new player questions without being berated.

I like this about our forum and I think it’s an important feature of the BassBuzz community. Maintaining that friendliness and availability to new players is worth fighting for.

We were all new once. How much easier it would have been then if people were willing to help without being confrontational.

Why do people ask questions before they google? It doesn’t matter. Who cares?

We have a choice to either offer help or move on with our day. Telling people they should google it, doesn’t help anybody. Google it for them and post a helpful link or move on.

I was also confused about the intention of this topic so I created this…
Ask all your stupid questions here!

6 Likes

The only intention I had was to encourage people to ask questions regardless of how trivial they thought they may be but to post them in the appropriate sections of the forum, No more no less,
I laid out the guide lines in the original post that I thought appropriate but obviously that was not clear enough.

Oh well live and learn.

Thank you for starting the new thread for the stupid questions by the way.

3 Likes