Fretting Hand Technique

I think that’s true for all instructors, whether your personality matches with the instructor is a huge thing. A lot of people love Ariane Cap and Phil Mann and i just can’t do their courses, they just spend too long talking about stuff that i find doesn’t add value. Scott i love, I enjoy all the additional stuff he adds to the lessons… i just usually play it at 1.5x speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, I really like Phil Mann as an instructor.

The majority of content on SBL isn’t presented by Scott. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I completely agree. Personally, I prefer Mark Smith’s straight-ahead teaching style as it is what I’m used to from my music school college experience. Josh actually reminds me of some freshman theory profs I had as well, with his accessible, beginner-friendly approach. There’s a pattern emerging there, between Mark and Josh: they both come from having learned to teach with a structured pedagogic style, yet each guy was forged by an upbringing as a player prior to attending music school. That combo makes for some very cool cats.

4 Likes

You are correct. That said, I initially signed up for SBL and Scott was the instructor. Like I said, I like him personally and I would dearly love to have a few beers and bong hits with him sometime, but that’s about it. Again, just personal preference.

2 Likes

I find Scott very entertaining to watch. I just don’t find his format very conducive to learning.

3 Likes

Likewise. Scott comes off as being a great guy. Nothing but love for the dude.

3 Likes