GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I’m not a big Fender fan but that one I could definitely find space for. Congratulations @JustTim

7 Likes

That’s the funny thing, I’m not either. I’ve never really dug on Fenders. The headstocks and tuners were too big and bulky, the necks were too thick, and the P/J shape is so… ubiquitous. But once I saw the Dimension basses, there’s something about them that just clicks for me.

4 Likes

@JustTim Love the finish.

I really like my Dimension. I bought it because I wanted to try a different Fender model. At first I didn’t play it much but when I started the slap exercises I noticed it was giving me the feel and tone that I really wanted but could not get out of the other basses.

Mine is black on black which is not my favorite color scheme and if I got a chance to trade it for the cherry burst, I would.

As @Al1885 said it is underrated as far as Fender’s go.

Enjoy it.

11 Likes

They did a nice job with the wood grain flaring out from the bridge, almost looks like flames.
That is a sweet bass, congrats @JustTim

6 Likes

Let us know the info when you list them…

4 Likes

Ernie Ball Music Man Ball Family Reserves 5 String Fretless “Fuego”. Surprisingly light. I have not weight it yet but my guess is about 8lbs.

Oh! @Barney I did get the rug, lol.

19 Likes

I think “oh yum “ describes it perfectly @Al1885

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac It’s perfect. Very delectable! I have no idea how I became the “Fretless guy” but I’ll definitely roll with it baby, lol.

5 Likes

Fantastic @Al1885 and you know what @Mike_NL would say about that rug lol :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Love the wood and color combo on it.

Have fun.

6 Likes

That neck is pure insanity.
BFRs have the best quality by far.
Enjoy!

6 Likes

man if that neck had frets it would be perfect :rofl:

5 Likes

Who, me? :innocent: All I’m going to say is that neck is insane!

9 Likes

It really ties the bass together.

8 Likes

I’m going to kill someone if I don’t get a flamey neck :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

I never thought I’d say I wish it weights a bit more but definitely something I can get used to. I admit playing around with it the flames neck and finger board I got distracted a bit, kept looking at it, lol.

It would be a while before I can play anything substantial on it without being distracted. I’ve been putting it through the pace and I know I’m too giddy playing can’t focus, lol.

In my mind I thought it would be nice to put up a cover tonight with this bass. Even the simplest one was tough an in general I don’t look at the fingerboard Fretless or not. It’ll pass.

7 Likes

Please don’t kill me I don’t have one :angel:

3 Likes

:grin:

3 Likes

I am a big Fender fan . . . and that bass looks great, @JustTim :+1:

Congrats and wishing you lots of happy playing!

Cheers
Joe

8 Likes

You are not alone :raised_hands:

7 Likes