GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Chase Bliss makes some cool stuff. Some weird over the top delay pedal called Habit

One for your synth board @JoshFossgreen ? :wink:

3 Likes

hu huh… tu tu :wink:

2 Likes

That came fast :slight_smile:

Not sure why it was an outlet item, it was new and unused in box, even still had the display film on. Works perfectly, just threw it into True Bypass, might even run it off the battery as the TB disengages and unpowers the tuner while bypassed (unlike buffered tuners like, say, Boss.) So here we go:

14 Likes

Chase Bliss makes awesome stuff, I have the Brothers and the Gravitas… but I’m on a long hiatus from pedal GAS, which makes my savings account happy. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Savings schmavings

3 Likes

C’mon Josh, be broke like the rest of us.

6 Likes

@howard that was my first “pedal” purchase, i still haven’t even scratched the surface of its functions, sweeteners, drop/capo, backlight options. But it really helped me with learning how to intonate… i dont remember which of it’s 3 bypass modes (TB, BB, MM) i have it on… i use it as a mute switch & tune muted because when i had it in monitor mode i would stop to retune if the strobe moved while trying to syncopate along with module 7 :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah it’s great, I’ve owned several tuners but I fell in love with their iPhone app and decided I wanted a dedicated one.

4 Likes

I have the Strobostomp and it is awesome. So precise.

3 Likes

I made an offer

We will see what happens!

9 Likes

I hope you get it, that is a great looking bass

4 Likes

I love love love strobe tuners. I have a Sonic Research ST300 Mini that I adore. Strobes are just so fast and accurate compared to a swaying needle imo.

In other news, I’m leaning into replacing my iPad/iPhone Bias FX2/XTone Pro setup with a Zoom B6. The iOS and interface are a little tricky sometimes; one band practice I ran through the guitarist’s Quad Cortex because no sound was coming out; after everyone left, I plugged into the PA again and everything worked. Well okay…

A little annoyed how much the price has gone up on them, though, but they’re on sale for $50 off until end of august atm… pretty huge though, imo, and im sure some people here will say “just get a B1n/x or B3n” etc XD

Yes, an HX Stomp is on my radar, too :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Well that’ll save me some money for now. The singer of my band dropped everyone but me, so atm I have a lot less of a need for a live pedalboard with a DI :joy:

Apparently we’re going to be a songwriting duo for the time being.

Edit Good lord using an IR is 36-39% of the B6’s CPU right there o.O

Laughs in Darkglass Element… :eyes:

5 Likes

That is a sick bass!

3 Likes

Yeah it was that way on the B3n too - the amp/cabsim consumed a lot.

3 Likes

Yeah, I need to apologize to Darkglass for the cabsim on the Exponent 500 using 20% and thinking it was crazy :joy:

4 Likes
10 Likes

I was just reading this earlier @PamPurrs :joy:

3 Likes

Hmm 7 key stages of GAS. I think there are a few on here, myself included, that have refined the process to less than 7 :grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah, more like:

1. See gear
  2. Buy gear
    :grin:
7 Likes