GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

So far one of the the best grain I’ve seen on a NS Pulse 5 Cinder… and it weighs 7.9lbs even :open_mouth: Certainly the best headstock I’ve seen on one, where they often look terrible…

Lighting is kinda eh…

More red…

And a third one…

A fourth, showcasing a somewhat common theme of a “blacked out lower bough”

Edit I’m actually kind of starting to hate these Cinder Reds now :joy:

7 Likes

I have seriously considered the NS pulse 4 with this color. Josh DuBois used this Spector in some of his covers and it does look a lot more subtle irl. Really awesome and good cover too:

https://youtu.be/O1T0-ZK1xgI

3 Likes

That ultimate flex of playing an aggressive fast picked bassline with fingers lol.

I bet EMGs with red covers would look great or like garbage on one of these.

As much as I’d love that red Xcellerator, I think getting something out of the gate with things I like (35" scale, EMG/Fluence-sized pickups) will be a lot less of a headache.

Edit I can’t help but jealous/frustrated when I see how many more effects one can use on the G6 vs B6 :eyes:

**Edit2 **

Uh oh :eyes:

What do I have to offer Ola to make a Solar AB2 5-string bass in red? :thinking:

Edit 3
Or for only $500…

Edit 4
Jackson…

I played a $220 Jackson yesterday, and holy hell it played like a $1000 instrument, I was blown away tbh. A friend wanted a bright green bass and so I figured I’d let her know what I thought about it.

A little mix of old and new, P/J pickups so can’t swap in my beloved Fluences.

4 Likes

Since I was looking at a $200 IK X-Drive anyway, I said fukkit and bought a mint Zoom G6 for under $300 :upside_down_face:

I like clicky feets buttons.

3 Likes

Your impressive GAS truly honors the phrase “pedal to the metal.” :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s probably my bipolar and ADHD maximizing their synergy to wreck my bank account.

Probably time to sell more gear…

5 Likes

ESP and their godless use of 34" scales…

Yamaha, too :unamused:

4 Likes

The following companies are on my 34" scale 5-string naughty list:

Fender
Sire
Ibanez
Yamaha
Ernie Ball (Music Man, Sterling)
Carvin/Kiesel
Cort
ESP

I could always refinish this and send a pic to Ola:

“I made my own red Solar 5-string, with Blackjack, and hookers.”

4 Likes

Warwick and Spector have done amazing things with that body shape. Streamers are basically the NS with better headstocks:

6 Likes

My first bass was this color TRBX304 :rofl:

Great starter bass, top notch.

But yeah Yamaha rolls 34".

2 Likes

All this red reminded me of this song…

https://youtu.be/3T1c7GkzRQQ

5 Likes

:100:

Thunderous song and band.

5 Likes

$325 with Fishman Fluence Inez set o.o

Even if it’s 34" it’s worth buying, slapping my EMG40 HZs into it, and selling it on lol…

I found another Alvarez 5-string that was 35" :eyes: :thinking:

Ooooh, another Alvarez showing as 34"… :unamused:

Edit Near as I can find, this is an AEB5 with an extra hole drilled for the Fluence system, and black hardware, which would make it 34" :frowning:

4 Likes

A little GAS update. Email from my local music store: El Dreambasso has arrived and is ready for pickup.

5 Likes

Unrelated…

:eyes:

And I am really considering picking up that Alvarez just for the pickups… The neck is the Inez, the bridge is a Modern…

3 Likes

Just make a god damned five string already, Ola :roll_eyes:

Down to $850…

I think this is just going to have to do. Darn.

Schecter makes a Stiletto Custom 5-string in a color called Vampyre Red but apparently it’s rare as I can only find the 4-string…

3 Likes

Sweetwater has the Aguilar TLC Compressor on sale for $99! Down from $250! While supplies last.

They get high ratings. Has anyone around here used one?

8 Likes

Cool deal. Got it.

4 Likes

Pretty sure you should get it for that price! That’s a steal

5 Likes

Aaargh. I don’t even need this and it’s shipping anyway. I had never looked at this before. I like the controls they put on it.

6 Likes