GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I realize that the basses I have far exceed my ability, and I’m not unhappy with the tones that I get from my gear…so why do I spend hours and hours scrolling through pages of bass after bass looking for something new.

9 Likes

You and me both :joy:

6 Likes

i think its because I never picked one out for me, I’m playing my sons hand me downs and an epi that I only bought because it was less than $100…LOL. I’d like to find one and say I’m choosing this one because its what I want. Honestly, the only one I’ve seen that I liked is the Sire M5 4 string, maybe I’ll buy one as a graduation present to myself. But we have to get out of lockdown so I can go somewhere and test drive one before I spend the money.

8 Likes

I’ve no excuse. My wife bought me the Fender P bass which now has upgraded pickups and electrics. And I have the Ibanez SR650 which is another really good bass.
I may sell the cheap P bass once I’ve finished it ( change of plans) .
However, I still look nearly every day

7 Likes

How do you usually get in to Tokyo when you go? Toyoko line? If Shibuya is easy, once out of lockdown I would recommend hitting Ikebe Gakki’s “Grandey Bass” shop there. Close to the station and good.

Not as amazing as Ochanomizu but likely much more convenient for you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

shibuya is nearly a straight shot from yokosuka…btw I’m planning on you going with me to look…LOL

6 Likes

I’m coming @howard,
Can’t wait for this COVID shit to be over, I’m there😎
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Hah awesome, happy to go bass shopping :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@howard now that sounds like it will be a fun day, what’s the bets that you buy more than one bass :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :rofl: :rofl: @Tokyo_Rat @TNKA36
Jamie

5 Likes

so i def have GAS, heres proof, this is my room, i no longer have a bed room, i have a music room with a bed in it

7 Likes

does anyone know a decent multi-effects processor for bass?

5 Likes

Zoom B3n is what I had. It’s awesome.

3 Likes

good compressor sound?

4 Likes

It has a few good compressor effects, yes.

3 Likes

Hey wait for me! I’m still working on getting to Yokosuka in November.

6 Likes

Ditch the bed put in a Murphy bed and call it a Studio.
A belated Welcome to the forum
Jamie

4 Likes

@JerryP I’m looking fwd to this adventure and I’m not going.
Jamie

5 Likes

i would do a murphy bed honestly but i sometimes forget…i’m 6 foot 4

4 Likes

also thanks for the welcome, i love playing bass, and music is my life, so i love talking music whether it be for keys, bass, or even guitar (which i’m learning)

5 Likes

@anon8486200 okay, a hammock :rofl: :rofl:
Jamie

3 Likes