GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Hey @Mac, Geezer you will find out soon enough, when we get out of this lock down you can have a go with one of my 2 or the mustang or the J-bass if your so inclined​:joy:. :rofl:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

My pedalboard is complete! I just got this baby and now there’s no more space on my board.

If I buy another pedal, I’d have to get a larger pedalboard.

Oh no… Not another rabbit hole?!?

8 Likes

With that much modification, the only real difference you would see would be the neck.

3 Likes

Could Warmoth the neck :slight_smile:

What’s the body wood on the MIM? If it’s alder or mahogany I would say just keep upgrading, you’ve got a nice bass.

3 Likes

I think it’s alder @howard

I’ve got my eye on a very nice roasted maple neck @eric.kiser. I really am trying to behave myself every time I look at it but I do see it adorning the P bass in the near future :joy:
My reward for giving up smoking :+1:

2 Likes

Replace enough parts and you can just start calling it Made in Melbourne :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:joy: good point :+1:

4 Likes

Honestly an alder body would be my preference. I think you should just go with it.

3 Likes

I’ll be sticking with the body @howard but I will probably go with the roasted neck just because I can.

4 Likes

Yeah sounds awesome!

1 Like

I may pick this up for $200
My friend keeps telling me you need to play a Jazz to be able to really be a StingRay man. Plus if I don’t like it, I can easily get my money back selling it, or even turn a profit.
I do like the fretboard inlays, they are cool. nice looking bass too.

4 Likes

Did he say why? That makes, like, no sense to me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ditto that question, @T_dub!

6 Likes

Nope

5 Likes

Like, I mean, a 'ray looks, sounds and (probably) feels nothing like a J-bass :slight_smile:

At least the Sterlings I have seen and heard in shops.

I don’t get it.

3 Likes

got this in my email today, and nearly had a heart attack

contacted reverb, they said most likely a mistake. or somebody is the luckiest mf’er on the planet.

6 Likes

I only get the local currency when opening the page, but I assume they were asking for 1 dollar!?! I have seen that before, and it usually means “come with your best offer (this bass is too good for me to accidentally name the wrong price)” :wink:

4 Likes

Thats a sick joke

2 Likes

See it all the time on Offer Up, but this is a new thing for Reverb.
I bet that Reverb made him list a price, because you CAN purchase it without talking to the owner, so if it was listed for $1, and you found it and paid for it, you are gonna look like an ass and get bad reviews on Reverb for backing out of the deal

2 Likes

I don’t always want a Stingray, but when I do, I want a double-buck Bongo in purple for $1.

Seriously, almost a perfect Bongo. Too bad it’s a 5.

5 Likes