GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Haha @Al1885 I have that natural’s twin. I wasn’t shopping for a bass (famous last words) but was actually test driving some bedroom amps at GC. Took “Woody” off the retail wall to use. Didn’t buy a bedroom amp. Did buy Woody lol.

3 Likes

here is my last GAS attack. a DemonFx D7K Ultra, which is obviously a clone of the Darkglass B7K Ultra :

10 Likes

Oh man, that’s bordering on counterfeit! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

not very far, indeed. almost-counterfeit things are a standard in the musical industry.

4 Likes

Oh sweet. Nice find :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can give you a whole box of envelopes… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Well, I did a thing. I just ordered a Boss GT-1B processor, the power supply and the little carrying bag from Sweetwater. Should be here by the 21st. I am excited as I think it may be a step above my older Zoom unit. Here is the one I bought!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GT1B--boss-gt-1b-bass-multi-effects-processor

9 Likes

@terb Weren’t you building a Microtubes Vintage preamp at one time?

1 Like

I have one too @EddieJones. Bought it on eBay but I haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

2 Likes

Strictly speaking not all of this is gear…

8 Likes

Closet doors turned out nice.

1 Like

The last piece of that puzzle @John_E was the lower poster of The Outfield. I just got it today after waiting 10 days for it. Can you guys spot someone we know??? (Hint: He’s below Sir Paul, to the left of Geezer and above the new poster). You also might notice Orianthi there too…she’s not a bass player but she’s HOT.

2 Likes

:banana:

7 Likes

yeah but the one I used to build is the Vintage Microtubes, it’s more an overdrive than a preamp really :

7 Likes

Yeah you have to get the VMT Ultra for the preamp. Regular VMT is the overdrive/distortion.

3 Likes

the D7K Ultra sounds more sharp, more “dry” I could say. I believe it should be very efficient in a mix.

4 Likes

I wish I had money for GAS…….I have one bass, one combo amp, one multi-pedal………….I would love a NS EUB, NS Fretless, a GK amp with a twin 15 cabinet……but, I’m 64 (as of November 22), retired Detroit sped. teacher, and the church group I was supposed to play in has not contacted me and that gig looks to be kaput! So, even though I would love new gear, there is no reason to spend all that money on “stuff” that I have no use for except vanity…….:disappointed_relieved:

9 Likes

Nothing wrong with spending money on gear. BUT there’s something really wrong with spending money on gear that you really can’t (or shouldn’t) afford. Being responsible sux, but it is kinda necessary.

7 Likes

Yeah and you should avoid threads like this too. :rofl: The gear section is seriously bad for your wallet.

2 Likes

I recently bought a set of pedals. Really liking them so far! :upside_down_face:

16 Likes