GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

All I can see is Kate Bush…

3 Likes

Kate Approves!

3 Likes

Ive always told my wife that a landscaper painter needs multiple brushes to paint his piece.
Thats why I need 6 guitars, each has it’s own special voice.

I suspect I’ll be using the same argument with additional basses.

-Doc

3 Likes

Man, I can’t tell you (cause you already know) how awesome it is to not be tethered!
What a super fun bit of kit.

2 Likes

Nice John @John_E ,
Look forward to some feedback on the wizard bass headset, I have heard good things about them.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

I put feedback here…LOVE THEM.

1 Like

So, I thought I’d share a few pictures of my latest acquisition, an “Echo” brand lawsuit invitation from an EBMM stingray.

The neck is a 1.65" monster with a thick, baseball bat profile. However, with the satin finish, it has a great feel. Still learning to manouver the neck, but it sounds AMAZING, even with the cheap, shitty ass strings that are on it. When I get it home, it’ll get Rotosound RL-66’s. Interestingly, the bridge has string-through holes, so I might actually drill it through, put in ferrules and string it that way. The only downside is the palisander fretboard. I wanted the maple, but they didn’t have it. I’m going to leave the pup as is. It sounds great.

Also, the maple in the neck is pretty funky to look at. Here it is at two angles of reflected light (satin finish BTW, just how I like them):

13 Likes

Should name this one Louie, for Louisville Slugger!
Nice get.

4 Likes

That neck is really surprising, nice :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you. Yes, and the headstock is like that as wall. I may clearcoat it with gloss, just to bring out the “tiger stripes”.

5 Likes

It’s finally delivered custom wood Pickguard and wood control plate.

19 Likes

Very very nice @Al1885

4 Likes

Thanks @Mac its about to get traded to a Chapman this Tuesday. What do you think?

10 Likes

Thats a real beauty @Al1885
It would be a hard decision but I think I would probably have to go with the Chapman

5 Likes

I like this Esquire :star_struck: lovely color

5 Likes

Me too! But is that the normal headstock?

3 Likes

it’s the 70’s Stratocaster headstock

3 Likes

Very interesting.

1 Like

at the time, Fender decided to enlarge the headstock so that the brand name would be written bigger and would be easier to read, especially on the TV

in the case of this Esquire, this seems to be a Telecaster Deluxe neck, which was in fact a Stratocaster neck on a Telecaster body with a Gibson-like electronic :

a “normal” Esquire is a Telecaster without the neck pickup (normal Telecaster headstock and normal Telecaster bridge pickup) :

… but now we say “Esquire” to speak about any single-pickup Tele

3 Likes